Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Ashleigh Shea

I know, another month has come and gone. But today is a special day. My Baby Girl turned 6! It's hard to believe that my first born is already 6 years old! Things are changing so fast with our little family. I'm excited to put all of my energy to these 2 little girls that have blessed our lives! 1st grade is starting soon for Ashleigh so that will bring more changes. UGH, time needs to slow down, I can't keep up! Anyway, at 1:58 p.m. today my girl turned 6. I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday, though, it was such a whirlwind. Long, hard labor and an unexpected c-section. It was such an emotional day that ended so peacefully. It was the start of Brian and I's little family. Such a special day! I love you Ashleigh Shea, Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

Geesh, if I'm not going to update the blog for a month, I need to take notes to refer to. I know it's been super busy but can't seem to remember the precious details to fill you in with. I'll start with the pictures, maybe that will jolt my memory.

Addyson had her 18-month check-up in July. She hadn't gained an ounce since her 15-month check-up. Apparently this isn't uncommon since they become super-active during that time frame. She continues to be long and lean. I can't remember exactly, but I think she was 85th % for weight and 90th % for height. She is so smart at the doctor's office...she totally knows what's about to happen when she touches the paper on the exam table. She doesn't even tolerate getting weighed. Poor girl. This is Ashleigh when we got home from the doctor. She is very sympathetic to her sister when she goes with us:



Addy's little band-aids after her shots:



hehehe, I remember why I took these pictures. Jessica (my friend) had bought Addy this hooded top for her birthday that she thought was a dress. She figured out that Addy hadn't worn it yet when she was over one day doing a hand-me-down swap. During this swap, I found a skirt that didn't have a coordinating top that would be perfect for the hooded top, but Jessica kept saying she was going to buy something to go with the top. I told her that was silly. Anyway, I took these to prove to her that yes, this denim skirt looks really cute with the really cute hooded top she bought! Don't you agree?!?!?! 3 pictures to prove it! :)







RC's birthday was on July 13th. I decided to make her a birthday cake because I wanted to try out a recipe I found online. It was called "Better-Than-Almost-Anything Cake". It was pretty darned good, consisting primarily of German Chocolate Cake, Caramel, Heath Bars, and Cool Whip.
RC blowing out her candles with the kids wanting to help desperately:


A close-up of the cake. It wasn't all that pretty, but in this case, taste mattered more!:



Deena (my friend) let us borrow her little jumping horse thingie for Addy to use. She Loves it! Speaking of Deena, she gave birth to a beautiful Baby Girl last Friday. Her name is Erin Elizabeth. Deena does so good with labor and delivery! A few hours of labor, 4 pushes, and boom....baby! Congratulations to the Henry Family! She was 7 lbs oz....light weight! LOL!



Ashleigh had swimming lessons the last part of July. This was so concerning to me with her fear of her ears getting wet. I was horrified when the VERY 1st thing they did on the 1st day was dive for rings. I knew she wouldn't do it, she doesn't even willingly go under water! But all along we told her that if she at least tried her best, we would be happy. And for the most part, she tried everything. In the end, they recommended she repeat this level, but I believe she gained some confidence in the water. We are trying hard to not let her use floaties anymore, as the swim instructors don't believe in them. They contribute to children not having to learn to swim. Which I totally agree with, but at the same time, they are needed at times. Ash is old enough now I believe they hold her back, so we will try going without them for now on. So far so good!

Ash trying hard! She went under water!


Floating:



Her class. There were 9 kids and 2 instructors:



My pretty girl:



The faces were hilarious! With ALL the kids:



Another funny face:



I'm so proud of that girl:



Her 2 instructors working with her:



Ashleigh's birthday party was this past Saturday. We really tried to have a decent party for her without spending a lot of money. So we set up the big blow up water slide that us 3 sisters share, bought some pizza, and called it a party! It was a good time and the kids seemed to enjoy it. I definitely could have spent less, but once I get into the midst of buying, I don't think about cost much. But in the end, I did stay within the budget I had planned.
Auntie Rae bought her this wedding tiara/vail. Aunt Ally had come up with this idea with Peyton, and the kids loved it!


The kids going down the water slide. This is Sydney. Unfortunately, I didn't any pictures when my friend's kids were sliding:



Peyton:



Ashleigh:



Aunt Jessie going down after the party, it was too funny!:



Aunt Jessie again:



Ashleigh blowing out her candles:



The birthday cake her Mommy made for her. She requested a chocolate cake with orange icing and that's what she got! I also made strawberry cupcakes with green icing and sprinkles.



We went to Burger's Lake (Fort Worth) on Sunday. We had a good time. It's a nice relaxing little lake with lots of shade. I didn't tale many pictures because I didn't want to get sand in the camera. But here's Ash:.



Addy with Auntie Rae. Addy DID NOT like the sand. It was like a dog with socks on. Too funny, but it was her first experience. She was fine after a while.

Addy's hair is absolutely crazy at this stage. It looks like an afro...no kidding. It has to be in a pony tail on top of her head or it looks insane. She won't leave clips in long enough to mess with it, but it's cute when she does. Anyway, this was today after she pulled her pony tail out. The picture doesn't even do it justice, I mean it is CRAZY WILD HAIR:



And this is the nice, tame hair I enjoy for 3 minutes after her bath before it starts poofing again!


WARNING: Naked Baby shots! If you get offended looking at naked babies, then look away!
This is my precious Baby Girl in the bath tub tonight. Addy LOVES filling that cup with water and dumping it out over and over and over and over and over, well, you get the picture:


She's so cute! Ash is in there too, but I didn't think I should share her pictures since she is older:



After her bath:



Ashleigh showing her Cinderella piggy bank today:



I want to thank all of our family and friends who took the time out of your busy lives to help Ashleigh celebrate her 6th birthday! I know life is hectic and crazy but to those of you who came, thank you so much, it meant a lot to Ashleigh AND her Mommy and Daddy.
Jessica (Brian's sister) was in town for like 17 days. She stayed with us and we enjoyed her visit VERY much! Thank you to the Harris' for letting her use your pool whenever she wanted. Man, to be a college student again...she slept until at least noon everyday, stayed up super late, and just did whatever she wanted. She had all the freedom she could have needed at our house. Her and Ashleigh slept together and Ashleigh LOVED it! She has a queen sized bed, but there were a few instances where one of them would hog the bed. But it was funny. We learned that Ash grinds her teeth really badly when she sleeps. She goes to the Dentist tomorrow, so I will ask them about it. I feel a night guard is in her future! Anyway, we miss Jessie but look forward to her coming back for winter break.
Ashleigh said something funny today: Ash: Why is Robert (the lawn guy) across the street before finishing our yard?
Me: Because he mows all of them 1st then he'll come back.
Ash: Is he going to use the blower to blow all the grass?
Me: Yes.
Ash: That sucks!
LOL, I think she is 6 going on 18!!!
Anyway, I'm sure there is more, but it's 11:00 and my newly replaced mattress is calling my name. Nighty Night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, great blog! Loved the pics but my fav is still the opening one, makes me tear up cause it is FAB!Happy 6th. Birthday to Ashleigh! God bless her! speaking of God, Addyson's hair is FAB & I would give my eye teeth(what are they anyway?) for same hair! Your cakes look sooo delicious! I don't bake cause mine look 10 times worse! I can cook tho, LOL! Send me an email with nappy pad needed by date, I need to get busy! Love, Auntie S

JESSICA said...

Newly replaced mattress, eh? Hmpf.
Kidding - glad you got a new mattress! :)

Love the pictures - those beautiful girls. Jeremy thinks that Addy looks like Brian in the pictures where her hair is wet.
Addy looks precious in the HOODED TOP - I'm such a fool.
I love that Ash seems to actually be enjoying her swim lessons! AWESOME!

Thanks for letting me try RC's cake - oh wait, I didn't get to. Hmpf again!!!

Loves you!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!