Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy New Year

It's New Year's Eve and I can hardly believe it! This year has blown by at such a fast rate it makes my head spin! A year ago at this time we were anxiously awaiting the arrival of our Baby Girl to make our family complete. I simply can't believe that was a year ago. Anyway, I am working today but thought I would get in 1 last post before the end of the year so I could close out my "book" for the year and start fresh in January. Don't worry, the blog isn't moving or anything, I just have to have Blurb "slurp" up my final entries for the year before I do any in 2009. I uploaded some video, as promised, a few days ago, that's why the date of this blog is probably off. It's actually December 31st at 3:07 pm and I'm hosting the Sisters and their families this evening for some Poker fun...if we can all manage to stay awake! We're getting so very old! I really am not thrilled about hosting, but it will be much easier for Addy to have her bed this evening. Brian is working today too and I still need to go to the store for some goodies for this evening. Maybe I'll go when Addy gets up from her nap.

Ashleigh went to see "Marley and Me" with the York's yesterday and Ally said Ash cried in the end. Even though I am always sad when Ash cries, it was nice to know she actually watched the movie, interpreted it, and expressed emotion from what she was seeing. Ashleigh is a very sensitive and compassionate person and she lets it show quite a bit. Then she spent the night over there. Ally has been letting the Girls sleep together the past few times and they do okay after a couple of hours of giggling. But last night, Ally told me that Ash was desperately trying to get some sleep but PeyPey wouldn't stop trying to talk to her. Finally, Ally moved Ash into the spare bedroom and poor PeyPey cried for half an hour. But at least they got some sleep. Ash is still with the York's now and will be until they all make the trek over here for the New Year's Eve festivities. I do miss her as it's been over 24 hours since I've seen her.

Ash has been pretty busy...on Monday afternoon, Jessica Rogers called and asked if she could come pick Ash up for a play date with Jaydon. So she came and picked her up when she got off work at 2:00. Brian, Addy, and I went to pick her up later that evening after we went to Los Molcajetes for dinner (where Addy had her very 1st "gag throw up" all over her pants...but whereas Ash would have cried afterward, Addy just went about her business). Jessica said the kids played pretty hard outside most of the afternoon and it showed. I could tell they were both exhausted by the time we got there. But that's good, it makes for some good sleep! While we were there we finally got to see the new nursery for Jacoby and the expected in the next couple of weeks Jilian. It looks great! I get to help them with a French Memo Board soon...it's been a while, but they are fun to make and always look so pretty!

Here are the videos I promised you...all 6 of them! I could have uploaded more, but these are the highlights. They may be silly to you, but I just love these. Get your popcorn ready, this may take a while.

This one I just couldn't resist, I call it Cheerios:


Another one that's too cute for words, it's called Peek A Boo:


This is Ashleigh's Violin Recital where the outcome wasn't what we had hoped:


This is the little music recital at Dad's Christmas party where the outcome was just as we had hoped, I was so very proud of her:

Going to see Santa:


Christmas morning:


I hope you enjoyed all of them...they took FOREVER to upload! I just love having these memories and am so glad we are fortunate enough to be able to capture them!

The rest of this posting might get a little sappy because I want to speak directly to my little girls to end Volume 1 of many in their books of life. Feel free to move along if you'd like, but you are certainly welcome to stay.

My Dearest Little Ladies,

You Girls have simply amazed me this year, I don't even know where to begin. I guess I'll start at the beginning of the year. Addyson Shealeigh (our little Munchkin or Munchie Munch), you were unexpectedly born on January 10th. You were scheduled to born via c-section on January 16th, but you decided to come a little early. I'll let you know in a minute how this ended up being a blessing in disguise. The York's and the Harris' were over for dinner because Daddy was so proud to BBQ them these HUGE ribs he had found. While I was cooking some Stove Top stuffing I thought I had a contraction but just dismissed it as a pregnancy pain. But then a few minutes later I had another one. Hmmm...maybe I should have someone start timing these suckers. Sure enough, labor was on full force and after only about 30 minutes, my contractions were only about 4 minutes apart. Unfortunately, I still had to do payroll for Daddy's business because his guys expect to be paid on Friday (you were born on Thursday). Anyway, I did payroll while Aunt Ally and Auntie Rae packed my bag (yes, I'm a slacker and didn't even have a bag packed yet). By the time me and Daddy were in the car an hour after the labor started, my contractions were only 2 minutes apart and so strong...so strong and so much pressure in fact, I was worried we wouldn't make it to the hospital in time. Once I got to the hospital the nurses knew I couldn't wait and immediately called my doctor (Dr. Vaughan) and luckily he was on call and on his way. It was such a whirlwind, but I did have to endure very strong labor for 4 hours before they were able to give me a spinal block and do the c-section to deliver you. Your sister was with the York's so at least I didn't have to worry about her, she was in good hands, but she was so anxious to meet you. When you were pulled out of my womb at 9:58 pm, I knew it instantly because the "oohs and ahhs" from the staff over your size were immediate. They were so impressed with the size of your umbilical cord that they sent it down to pathology so they could "study" it. You were 10 lbs 15 ozs, heck at this point, we should just call it an even 11 lbs! You were so beautiful. You looked so much like your big sister it was unbelievable. The births of both of my children were the MOST amazing moments of my life. They weren't the way I had planned long ago where I had prayed to have you both naturally with no complications, but it WAS the way God intended it. And so it was...the MOST incredible moments of my life...and your Daddy's life. Your Daddy was so emotional with the birth of you girls, and so very proud. The next morning when Dr. Benzick came to examine you for the 1st time he detected a murmur in your heart and ordered an echo cardiogram (sonogram) of your heart. When he told us what was going on it was the scariest moment of our lives. Now you have a Pediatric Cardiologist and we were told you had a VSD or Ventricular Septal Defect or a hole in your heart. The red blood was mixing with the blue blood and that "swooshing" through the hole was the murmur that Dr. Benzick detected. I couldn't believe you had a birth defect, but we were later told that you could live with this forever and it not cause any problems for you. It should close on it's own by the time you turn 12, but if it doesn't it should be okay. You have to have another Echo when you turn 5 so we can keep an eye on it. Phew, that was a relief. Anyway, when Ashleigh came to visit you in the hospital, you have never seen such a proud Big Sister. She used to sing to you in utero and you guys were in instant love. It was such a special moment that I will never forget. Addy, you have had a year of so many "firsts" like all infants do, but I try to treasure each and every one of them. You are our baby, our last baby, and we are trying to take it all in and slow down life a little so we can savor every tooth, every bottle, every bath, every everything. But you will continue to grow up, you will continue to amaze us, you will continue to be loved. We don't have the biggest house, nor the best car, nor the fanciest clothes, but I can promise you that we will be the best parents to you that we possibly can. I promise that to both of you. You two girls deserve the best, kindest, most compassionate parents.

By the way, the reason it was a blessing that Addy was born early is because MeMe got the call on January 16th, the day Addy was scheduled to be born, to receive her new kidney. MeMe would have been heart broken if she couldn't have been there for Addy's birth, so I am VERY thankful it turned out the way it did, even though my one benefit of a c-section was no labor and I had to endure it anyway. I wouldn't change a thing! The Man upstairs knows what he is doing.

Ashleigh Shea (our little Punkin'), what can I possibly say that I haven't told you a million times?!?! Out 1st born, our 1st true lesson, our blond-haired angel. You started Kindergarten this year. That means you turned 5...could it be? It's amazing to me! We have been through a lot with you and we have learned so much being your parents. You have endured a lot over the last 5 years: a 3 day hospital stay for dehydration due to Rota virus, stitches in your left eyebrow due to nasty coffee table, ear infections galore that led to tubes in your ears, and then that resulted in speech therapy that you are still enduring, a busted ear drum that almost resulted in surgery and took a year to heal...that's just to name a few. You had barely turned 5 when you started "Big Kid's School" and I was so worried, but you have ran with it. You are doing so good and really seem to love your new learning environment. I am so amazed at how much you have accomplished so far. You also started playing tee-ball this past Spring and you already have 2 seasons under your belt. You've recently been talking about taking dance lessons so we may try that out this coming Spring. You have also started playing the Violin this past fall. It was a little painful at first, but it's bearable now to listen to you practice. Ashleigh, you have the most kind and loving heart, you truly care for people and their feelings. I am in awe at the compassion I see you spilling out. I am often mesmerized by your eyes...there is a lot going on behind those beautiful green eyes. Did you know your eyes were the bluest of blue until you were 3? Yup, you woke up one morning and they were green...yes, it was totally weird! Anyway, you are such a unique kid and you have taught us so much about being better people. We love you so much and we simply can't imagine life without you in it. We feel so blessed that God chose us to be your Parents. We are who we are because of you. Seriously, I'm pretty sure Daddy would be a truck driver if you hadn't come along. LOL!

Everything we do, every decision we make, is because of you girls, our princesses. You probably won't realize how loved you truly are until you have children of your own (MeMe and PopPop used to tell me that too), but it's so true. We will do everything in our power to give you the lives you desire. You will know the value of a dollar, you will learn to respect your elders, you will serve your community, you will learn to be outstanding citizens...but you will be happy if I have anything to say about it. Whatever life deals you, run with it, deal with it...but always with your chin up. If you can't do that, then we, as your parents, haven't finished our jobs. We love you both so very much. We can't wait to see what the New Year brings. 2008 has been challenging financially, but you know, we survived. 2009 promises to be better, but whatever the case, we will be together, and that's all that really matters. We, The Linder Family, are truly blessed.

4 comments:

JESSICA said...

Jaydon watched all of the videos with me and when Ashleigh was at her recital, he says, "Mom, she struck out!" I know you can laugh at this now although it wasn't funny while it was happening. Ash, Jaydon loves you so much and he calls you his "best friend".
Addy is so precious. She definitely brings a smile to my face every time I see her.
I love your letter - it was a very sweet ending to a very trying year...a new president, tough financial times, a new baby and a new kidney! It all makes you thankful that you have great family surrounding you.
We are so thankful that you have become our friends. We hope that 2009 brings your entire family many more blessings...

The York Family Blog said...

That video of Ash's recital just breaks my heart everytime I see it. But ya know...she is such a trooper for getting up there. I am proud of her for that. Good job Ash. Loved the other videos. Addy is just a ham and a half! Too precious. Enjoy your 2 girls...they are so lucky to have each other.

Rae Carol said...

GREAT Videos!!! You have two beautiful girls. Your very lucky as am I to have two wonderful nieces!! We are all very blessed to have our exceptional children.

Anonymous said...

God bless you all & have a healthy happy 2009! Loved your letter to your girls & they will always love it too! Good job on the movies Mommy! Love, Auntie S