Monday, December 8, 2008

I Know, I Know...

NOTE: This blog was written 2 days ago, but I had so much trouble moving the pictures where I wanted them and some kept getting deleted, I gave up! It's still missing some pictures, but I'm tired of uploading these darned pictures, so this will suffice!
...it's been over a week since I've blogged. Once again, life has gotten in the way. Tomorrow, Shasta will be having her tail amputated. A lot of you know that Shasta has suffered with "Happy Tail" for the past several years off and on. Happy Tail is when the tail starts bleeding at the tip from repeated and strong wagging hitting an object like a wall. She gets it every few months and it causes her pain. This past one is the worst yet, there is blood everywhere. Every time we think we've cleaned it all, we find more. It's really ridiculous! Anyway, we decided it is finally time to do something about it because it causes her pain, it causes us pain, it makes a big mess, and it has made the girls cry on more than one occasion since it hits them with amazing force. Believe me, it hurts. So say a little prayer for Shasta that she comes out of the surgery okay. This isn't a good time of year to scrape up that kind of money, but it has to be done.

Brian's cousin Preston is coming into town on Friday night and staying for the weekend. It should be interesting and I hope he has a good time while he is here, but it will be a fast weekend, I'm sure.

Then on the 16th, Brian's sister, Jessica, will be coming into town for a week long visit. We're looking forward to it, but it will be a busy week, as it's the last week of school before Christmas break with TONS of activities.

Ashleigh's violin recital is this Saturday at 9:00 am at First Baptist Church of Keller. If any of you are available, please stop by and listed to some music. Ashleigh will be performing first, so don't be late. :)

We had the Christmas party with some of our friends this past Saturday (Deena, Alma, and Meredith). It was at Meredith's house and they provided us with a very tasty Lasagna dinner. The rest of us brought desserts, so naturally, we ate very well. All of our kids seem to get along real well and play together nicely, which makes me happy. The adults do a Chinese gift exchange, me and Brian ended up with the $25 Target gift card (that we brought, LOL) and a movie night gift that included a bucket of popcorn, a bag of M&Ms, and the movies Juno, Devil Wears Prada, and National Treasures 2. The kids draw names to see who they buy for since there are so many now, it would be too expensive to but for all of them. The girls received some very nice gifts. Here are some pictures from the evening:





Also, here are some pictures that I took for some friends and families for their Holiday photos. I hope everyone liked them, I would be so upset if I ruined them for someone.

















Let's see, what else...oh, the Cowboys really pissed me off yesterday. They had that win in the bag despite turnover after turnover, but noooo, they blew it! It's really what they do best. We went to the Harris' to watch the game since Kevin and Steve are big Steelers fans. Addy was in rare form...every time someone would cheer, she would cry, and cry hard! After a while, it didn't even require a cheer to make her cry, just standing did it to. It was weird, she's never like that. I think she was way over stimulated and it scared her. We ended up leaving in the 4th quarter because I got real tired of trying to calm her! UGH!

Okay, I'm tired, sleep tight!

2 comments:

JESSICA said...

Great pics!
I know it's hard work, but you could definitely make some extra money doing this on the weekends!
You definitely helped us out but taking out pictures and we loved them. :)
RC's family pics are WAY cool. I love that one of them on the field.
I'm glad that Shasta is okay now.

Anonymous said...

GREAT PICS! Sorry Shasta is having tail "docked?" & I had to have a horse's tail done once! All "ended" well, no pun intended, LOL! Love, Auntie S