Thursday, May 7, 2009

Almost Friday

I know, I know...me of all people know how frustrating it is to check someones blog expecting to get an update just to be disappointed with no update. I am sorry! I just haven't felt like it plus it seems my evenings have been filled with grocery shopping, laundry, dishes, constant de-cluttering, etc. Anyway, I am here now, so here it goes.

I had to go to the S.A.M.E. (Society of American Military Engineers for those of you who don't habla) meeting on Monday at the Petroleum Club in downtown Fort Worth. I don't know anyone there, so it's kind of awkward for me. But the lunch is always great and the presentation is usually pretty interesting. I'm required to go every month now, so I'll hopefully get to know some people. Luckily, Ally was nice enough to watch Addy for me while I went. I already have her on the schedule for June 1st for the next meeting. Fun times!

Well, we are officially on our new "Dave Ramsey budget" courtesy of Kevin. We started last Friday when I got paid. We have in black and white where every penny needs to go, so hopefully we will be financially "free" by the time we are ready to retire. I can already see the light at the end of the tunnel, we're pointing towards it, and hopefully we'll get closer to it in a few months! I've forgotten some little miscellaneous expenses here and there, so the budget needs some tweaking, but all in all, it's going well so far. We even had a few bucks left over for the week as our fresh money starts tomorrow! Woo-Hoo. Paying cash for everything is a change for me, but I'm adjusting fine to it. Brian's doing good too, he still has the same $20 in his wallet that I gave him a few days ago. We'll keep you posted on our progress, I'm excited about it!

We heard some good news that Uncle Richard didn't have to start his chemo this month after all because all of his counts/numbers were very good. They will monitor it again in June and go from there. He thinks it was a gift from his Mom in Heaven as they found out on what would have been her 93rd birthday. Go Uncle Richard! We're pulling for you!

As I mentioned, yesterday would have been my Grandmother's 93rd birthday. We sure miss her a lot. Dad still makes an electronic birthday card every year and shares it with his brother and all their children. She was an extraordinary woman, both of my grandmothers were. I've been without grandparents for several years now and never even knew either of my grandfathers. There are times I feel I've been deprived of one of life's little pleasures because of it, but my grandmothers were so full of life, I never really realized it until they were gone.

The Cleaning Lady came today...nothing better than the feeling of a clean house for the 10 minutes it stays clean! Ahhhhh.....

Ally and I turned 37 last Friday...oh my goodness, 40 is right around the corner, I can't even believe it. We went to a little place near the York's house to eat called "Taste of Italy". It's an old Dairy Queen and I must say, it was VERY delicious! I must go back soon because their breschetta (sp?) was to die for and I can't wait to try the spaghetti and meatballs! YumYum! Anyway, enough said about being old! UGH!

Onkel Johann and Tante Dagmar (or Opa and Omi as the kids call them) are in town and I finally got to see them this past weekend. They look FABULOUS!! They are such nice people and we enjoy their time here. I'm sure I'll have some pictures of our visits with them soon.

Addy had her speech evaluation with ECI this past Friday. They have to evaluate for all areas of development. The results showed she is at least 3 months ahead in all areas of development except speech. In speech, she is 3 months behind. However, in order to qualify for their program, she has to be 6 months behind, so they didn't accept her. On one hand, I was happy that she wasn't "delayed" enough to qualify. But on the other hand, I was disappointed that she wasn't going to get the help from the Agency that I wanted her to get help from. They said they would mail me some tools I could use to do it myself, but I haven't received it yet. I feel bad that I could have been taking her to Baylor all this time and she could have been already getting better. But I also know that I and her Doctor are being VERY proactive and aggressive with wanting her to get therapy. So I'm going to relax a little, work with her as much as I can, and see if she jumps a hurdle. We'll just have to wait and see.

Ashleigh finished all of her readers. Well, I thought so. Apparently, there is a whole nother set they can start when finished with the other one. Definitely more challenging. The one she's doing now works on the "ar" sound. Like spark, star, park, barn...she's getting it, but we're having to work harder at it. She'll get it right n one page, and mess up on the next page on the exact same word. It's frustrating, but we'll get there.

My friend, Deena, is already 27 weeks along in her pregnancy. I can hardly believe it. I don't remember if I told you but she is having a girl. She wanted another boy but seems to be adjusting to the idea of a girl. I'm so happy for them that they get to experience the joy of having a baby girl! I will never know the joy of having a baby boy, but I'm always thrilled for parents that get to experience both! They haven't decided on a name yet but hopefully they won't be as bad as me and Brian with that!

Brian's definitely been working hard...he went to bed at 9:45! It's only 10:12 right now, but I could tell he was so tired! Poor guy! The heat index will be close to 100 tomorrow, so I suspect the phone will ring quite a bit.

Here are some pictures I took the past couple of nights while Brian was working late (click each one to enlarge):

The dogs fighting over the ball:



Addy wanting to sit in that chair so bad:



Ash LOVES to pose for me:




Sally:



Shasta:



Ashleigh always loves to swing:



Addy just loves to be outside period:



Posing again with my Begonias (her idea). Look how nice and green our lawn is, I love it:



I can't get enough of Addy's smile:



Ahhhh....



Happy Addy:


Happy Ashleigh:



Addy LOVES to watch the dogs eat. The dogs do NOT love Addy watching them:



Pretty girl:



That smile again:



Still watching the dogs:



These are from today, the above was yesterday. Ashleigh loving on her sissy:



Big Hug:



Patty Cake:


Oh Addy, don't tackle me:



Strike a Pose:



Her "So Big" pose:



Ashleigh loves picking up her sissy despite the heartburn it gives her mother:



I thought this was funny, Ash jumping off the end of the slide:



Playing with Sissy's necklace:



I just love those eyes:



I hope you all have a VERY Happy Mother's Day and a GREAT weekend! Sleep Tight!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Andi! Have a wonderful day. Love ya :) J

Meredith said...

I did not know you had decided to do Dave Ramsey- we just finished doing it with our small group at church. We are working on it- not out of the red yet, but it is a process and have actually just re-fi our house for a 20 yr as opposed to a 30 yr so we are making progress.

The York Family Blog said...

Cute pics. I used to love that outfit with the purple skirt on Addy. This Dave Ramsey program is making me cranky. ha

JESSICA said...

I am going to make us all "WWDD" bracelets - What Would Dave Do? LOL.
Love all of the pictures. Addy's hair loks curly in the humidity like J4's. They can't get married or their poor kids would be dry Q-Tip heads.

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Addy watching the dogs eat. Love Mom