Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Monday

We received some EXCELLENT news today. Rae Carol called me after the morning announcements at school and Ashleigh was named as the Kindergarten Student of the Week. I'm not sure what all it entails, but she will get her picture put up on the school's main bulletin board. I'm so proud of that girl. I feel like she is grabbing school by the horns and getting everything out of it she possibly can! I'll try to get a picture of the bulletin board to share with you.


I went to Brittany's last ever flute recital. This is the one that's through her private flute lesson instructor. We always dread going to these and sitting through the million flute performances not to mention driving down to south Fort Worth where they are held. But you know, this one was very special. Brittany performed so beautifully. She looked beautiful and grown up and she made us all so proud. You can see her performance by clicking here. Not only that, but since she is a Senior, she got to give a speech, which she spoke so fluently and gracefully. She truly is thankful for her wonderful parents and her incredible teachers and mentors. It really was a great evening and I may very well miss going next year.

I scrapbooked with my friends on Saturday (minus Meredith due to family being in town). I didn't get too much done, but I did do 2 layouts. I also left all of my scrapbook stuff out so I can work on it here and there. Hopefully, I'll find the time because my dining room looks more like a craft room. RC came over and worked on Brittany's senior scrapbook yesterday. She needs a bit of help because she's not the most creative person in the world. I was helping her with a page yesterday and it was looking real nice and I picked out some letters for her to use, then I had to walk away for maybe 2 minutes to tend to a child, and I come back and couldn't believe what I saw. She took those letters to spell out "Justin and Brittany" for the Homecoming page and she didn't space them out right, ran out of room, and started going down when the rest of them were going across. Oy Vey! Can't leave her alone for 2 minutes! LOL! Anyway, she's getting better the further she gets. Hopefully, Ally will come over to work on her book. She's neglected that thing for a couple of years now. I've been storing her stuff and she needs to get busy! Peyton is 4 years old and she's not even done with her 1st year yet! Geesh!

Ally went on a picnic with the York's on Saturday at the Botanic Gardens. They were having such a good time that they wanted her to spend the night. She had no bag packed or anything, but they made do. They said Ash behaved very well and did everything she was told. That all came to a screeching halt on Sunday morning when Ash decided it would be a good idea to jump off of a stool. Normally, this can be accomplished without any negative results. Well, Ashleigh landed on the metal bed frame in the playroom with her knee. She has a big ol' gash and it's bruised and swollen. She's still limping today and is very protective of it. Apparently, it was quite the drama scene, though, I'm not surprised, this is Ashleigh we're talking about. Uncle Steve couldn't even drive her home because she was crying so hysterically. So Daddy had to go pick her up. Later that evening when I was drying her off from her bath, I saw another injury on her right foot. It was a big ol' bruise with a cut in the middle. She had no idea how it happened. I suspect it happened at the same time as the knee but didn't feel it since the pain from the knee was worse. Yes, Ashleigh is a klutz! I say that in the most loving way possible! Klutz and drama queen are not a good combination. Makes for a lot of tears around here!

It was my turn to drive to violin/piano lessons tonight. Brittany went with me, so that was nice. But the meanie got in the car eating the most delectable looking piece of strawberry cake and didn't cut me a piece! Such a Brat!

Ever since the spanking Brian served me last week on Wii tennis, I have been spanking him right back! He doesn't like it and it is so funny! The 1st time I did it, I made sure the can of Solarcaine was on his pillow waiting for him like he did to me! LOL!! Funny thing is, he hasn't been wanting to play the past few nights. Hmmm....tired maybe? Yup, tired of getting his ASS spanked!!! LMAO!! Go Andi!! Go Andi!!

Here are some pictures from the week...

Pardon the blurriness of this one. Addy was crying and trying to get to me very quickly and I couldn't snap it fast enough. But I wanted you to see her cute dress from the Easter Bunny:




Ashleigh showing Shasta some love. And no, those bruises are existing, this was taken before the incident at the York's. That girl ALWAYS has bruises on her shins:





Addy Paddy digging the sippy cups with the straws, she actually will finally drink water if it's in one of these cups. But she's still a bottle baby, I can't put milk in these because it gets trapped and gets so nasty:





More of Addy Paddy:




I love those big, brown eyes:



A little young to be wearing "off the shoulder" but it wouldn't stay up:



Daddy literally gave her a little crumb of a chocolate chip cookie and this is the result:



No progress yet on Ashleigh's 2 loose teeth. They feel about the same as last week. She lets me wiggle them only once a day. She's so funny!
Onkel Johann and Tante Dagmar (Brian's Aunt and Uncle from Germany) will be in town tomorrow night and will be here for the next 5 weeks. Margarete and Happy are so excited to have the company again and we all love them being here. I'm sure there will be pictures to follow so stay tuned!
We have to make sure the pantry is closed now. Addy thinks it's funny to throw perfectly good food from the pantry in the trash. Oh, and phones, bottles, and Mommy's bills. NICE. Going to have to figure something out to prevent this! And she got a red crayon and scribbled all over Ashleigh's bedroom door. I need to take a picture. I'm so thankful for the Magic Eraser.
That's all I have for now. Oh, I'll share one more picture. I just LOVED this one of Brittany:



Have a GREAT week! Sleep Tight!

3 comments:

JESSICA said...

Way to go Ash! That's SO awesome!!! I'm proud of her.
...and Ash FALLING and creating DRAMA...NEVER! LOL!

Addy is so precious! :)
We JUST figured out last night (SO funny you mention it) that Jacoby is ALSO a straw drinker. He won't take a sippy cup without one. He finally - for the first time - drank out juice last night since we had a straw. We are still milkin' the bottle - only for milk too. No worries! :)

Go Andi on the Wii.

Anonymous said...

Congrat's to ashleigh. And it's awesome that addy's is liking the cups. Have a great week. That is absolutely my favorite pic of brittany. Love it.. :) J

The York Family Blog said...

Yea Ash! She's going to be a great student.
Addy cracks me up. I am going to have to come by tomorrow (wed.) to see her. I haven't seen her in over a week..at least. Sad. ;( She doesn't like how disorganized the desk with the bills are, and the pantry. The girl is trying to tell you something. haha