Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Just Call Me A Slacker

I'm not sure why I've been such a slacker lately. I can say I've been real busy, which I am, but everybody is. I guess I've been in a blogging funk lately and haven't felt like I've had much to say. Just living life.

Let's see...the weather was real nice, in the 80s, for a few days. And now, it's icing outside and F-R-E-E-Z-I-N-G!!! I hate this cold weather and look forward to the weekend when it's supposed to be back in the 60s.

Ashleigh made me take her picture the other night. In fact, she said I had to take 3 of them. Well, since they all looked alike, just different angles, here is one of them:



Ashleigh has been interesting lately. She's been making her bed without me even asking her to. I'll go in her room to check on her and she'll be cleaning without me even asking her to. She tells me "I'm doing my best, Mommy" with whatever it is we're doing. I think it comes down to her just trying to be more helpful and taking Mommy's advice to always try her best. So I am so proud of her. Oh, and she got her report card on Friday and did rather well. This semester they are also starting to take home leveled readers and Ash just finished her 1st one and now reads it like a charm. We just started reading a level 3 tonight, and so far so good.

Last Tuesday, Jilian Cate Rogers was born. She was 6 lbs 6 oz and she is so beautiful. This was Jessica's 3rd and final pregnancy and I think she is relieved that Jilian is finally here. This was probably her toughest pregnancy with some pretty bad back pain through it. It was well worth it, because now they have a precious little girl to add to their 2 boys. Here's a picture I took from visiting her on Thursday:



Congratulations, Rogers Family! You did good! Now Jessica just needs to blog to give us all the details!
Let's see, what else? Oh, I had a scrapbooking date with my scrapping girlfriends on Saturday. I went to Bedford to pick up Deena and then we went on to Sunnyvale to Alma's, as it was her turn to host. We always have a good time, but it is never long enough. I really needed this day. I really needed a break away from home. I didn't get near as much done as I had hoped, but that's okay, I enjoyed the day. If I would find the time to prepare and organize before the scrapping date, I'm sure I would get more done. Meredith and I are the notorious slow ones, but this time, Mer kicked a&&!! Alma is always the fastest and gets so much done. She is so organized and is always prepared. Deena is usually pretty fast, but she was a bit of a slacker this time. Welcome to my world, Deena! LOL! Speaking of Deena, did I tell you all that Deena is expecting her 2nd child? I can't remember if I already told you. She is due August 12th which is what my exact due date was with Ashleigh. Pray for a healthy pregnancy for Deena.
Addy has been in rare form. Just tonight while Ash and I were reading her book, Addy opened a drawer in our coffee table and within seconds was standing in it trying to climb onto the coffee table. She likes to try to climb onto the fireplace hearth as well. She is such a busy bee 100% of the time. We really have our work cut out for us with that one! Hence, Mommy needing the sanity checks away from home every once in a while since I am with her 24/7. Don't get me wrong, I L-O-V-E being home with Addy every day, but I need some time to myself here and there.
Addy had a speech evaluation last week. Her verbal score was an 87, with the normal range being between 115 to 85. So she was normal, but at the very bottom of normal. The Therapist recommends we start 6 months of therapy once a week for 30 minutes. But we decided to hold off for a month or so to see if Addy kicks it up a notch on her own. Meanwhile, the therapist ave me some pointers to work on her with. It seems like I can see it in her eyes that she wants to say something else, but "Mama" keeps coming out. She'll get it, she will get it.
Joy had a birthday...Happy birthday, Joy!
Tracy and Bria had a birthday back on the 11th...Happy birthday, Tracy & Bria!!
I know there is probably more to tell you, but I'm brain dead. I'm tired. Sleep Tight!

4 comments:

JESSICA said...

WOW - she's back! :)
I'm so proud of Ash and her great report card and reading. That is way awesome.
As for Addy, welcome to my world...we are in the same boat, friend! The wonderful world of exploring toddlers. I know she will come around too on her sounds - she's a spunky one, I tell ya! ...and if she doesn't come around quickly enough, you are being a proactive parent and doing the right thing by taking her to speech.
Oh, and where are the pictures of your layouts from your scrapping session???
I shall blog soon, too...I caught the hint!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! :) J

Rae Carol said...

slacker.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Addy is so busy being physical she has no time for verbal but by 5 they all average out. Glad you stay on it tho! Ash is the best helper! Time to teach her to cook, maybe scrabbled eggs in the micro wave? Love, Auntie S