Sunday, November 9, 2008

Another Busy Weekend

There hasn't been a lot of time to blog lately, but I am finally sitting down with the laptop, literally in my lap, to update. Friday night was a mad rush to get to the Saginaw HS by 6:30 for Senior night where they recognize the seniors and their parents. Brian walked in the door and me and Ashleigh literally walked out at the same time to make it in time. I was in charge of taking pictures and Sydney was in charge of doing the video. I had no idea where Syd was when we walked up until AFTER they announced Brittany and Syd comes running up saying "the video camera didn't work"! Oh goodness, are you serious? I grabbed the camera from her and it worked fine, so I have no idea what she was doing wrong. Oy, but it was an emotional evening, as it was Brittany's last night as a Drum Major...since they didn't make the playoffs. Brittany was routing for the other team so they wouldn't make the playoffs, she was ready for marching season to come to an end. Anyway, here is a photo from the evening:



Then we woke up bright and early on Saturday morning to go to PeyPey's last soccer game. I'm so glad we were finally able to go to one before the end of her season. Ally said this was one of her better games...she never made contact with the ball, but she actually made a kicking motion with her leg. LOL! She's really cute out there, here are a few pics from the game and some of her visitors:

Ashleigh being beautiful as ever:


Peyton and Addy:


PopPop and PeyPey:


Aunt Joy and PeyPey:


PeyPey and the ball in the same frame!


Then we rushed home to drop Addy off at home to Brian since he got done working. He literally came and got her out of the car and Ash and I rushed off to Bedford to get our hair done. We were like 30 minutes late but luckily RC was still getting her color put on. We ended up giving in to peer pressure and got 2 inches cut off of Ashleigh's hair. I really didn't want to, because I truly love her long locks. Tina said the ends were dry and needed to be cut. Of course, Ally and RC were saying to cut even more off and even Ash was saying she wanted her hair cut short. But she changed her mind when I told her that her hair would go in the trash, LOL!! Anyway, what's done is done, it's just that with every inch we cut off we lose more curl and her baby blond. She's definitely looking more and more like a big kid!
Then Saturday night we went on a double date with the Harris' to the Movie Tavern while Brittany babysat. We went to see "Zach and Miri Make a Movie". Okay, well "Movie" isn't in the real name, but it fits under these circumstances. That movie was really funny, but it was a dumb funny. And I'm surprised it was rated R, it must have been real close to NC-17. But it was nice to get out with the hubby without the kiddos.
Today we didn't do too much until this evening. Brittany is in the Fort Worth Youth Orchestra and they had a concert tonight in Arlington. So me and Ashleigh went while Brian stayed home with Addy. I wanted Ash to see the violins. It was a great concert and those kids are so talented! When we walked in Ash said, "Mom, look at those giant violins!" It was too funny! The 10-minute intermission ended up being more like 30 minutes due to a lighting problem which caused Ash to get to bed REALLY late, but other than that, it was a great concert. Kevin used the internet on my phone to keep up with the Steelers game, too funny! Steelers lost, yea!!! Here are a few pictures from the concert:






Doesn't Brittany look so grown up? I can't believe she's going to be an actual legal adult in a few short months.
Oh, Addy is cutting another molar as of yesterday...cutting 2 molars at once...Poor Baby! So that makes for a total of 10 teeth for our teeth growing machine of a baby! Tomorrow morning I have to take her for the 2nd half of her flu shot. It's amazing the pain that babies have to endure. I already need to re-stock her Tylenol, we're going through it like water. We also started her on Ibuprofen last night for the very 1st time.
We are having to re-train Ashleigh to say "Mommy" and "Daddy". She thinks "Mom" and "Dad" is good enough. Ummm, no my little 5-year old, we are still your "Mommy" and "Daddy". We're not quite ready to lose our titles. But she has been spelling 3-letter words and trying to read lots of things. I just love watching her learn so much and her love for books has grown exponentially. They went to the Fort Worth Zoo last Friday for a field trip, and the zebras were her favorite animal. She had a great time!
Other than that, not much has been going on. I hope you all have a GREAT week! Sleep Tight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved your blog; so filled with cheery news, pics & LIFE! Enjoy! Love, Auntie S

Anonymous said...

You know that anytime you and Brian want a date just call me I have no life (haha) so I am available to watch the girls. :) J