Saturday, November 22, 2008

Fun Times Saturday Night

It's Saturday night, Ashleigh is spending the night with Peyton, Addyson is in bed, and Brian and I are sitting on the couch channel surfing...fun times! We just stumbled upon the OU/Texas Tech game and I am pretty shocked at the score just a few minutes before half time. Shocked, but happy (sorry, Jessica) but surely this can only help UT in the standings since we beat OU. But who knows with this college football system...we can only hope for the best! Go 'Horns! I think we play A&M next, that should be a no-brainer!

Anyway, the day was rather uneventful. Ally brought Peyton over bright and early because she had a couple of showings and Steve had to work. The girls had fun playing, but it seems they were in rare form with the bickering and tattling on each other. I wanted to curl PeyPey's hair to see how it would look but she threw a fit determined to not let me do it. So I did Ash's hair instead. Ally even tried to talk to her on the phone trying to convince her, but to no avail. I'm going to get my curling iron in that girl's hair someday! LOL! Then Ally came and took the girls to her house at about 2:00.

Last night, Brian worked late so me, Ally, and the girls went to the mall to go Christmas dress shopping. What a butt whoopin' that was! Ash and Pey were just not listening, being too loud, and were whiny! Geesh! But we went to Children's Place first because that is usually the best place to go to get matching, or at least coordinating, outfits for the older and younger kids. But their Holiday selection this year was just not as good as it usually is. They had some "cute" things, but I really wanted them to have beautiful dresses this year. But I did end up buying them some super cute casual outfits that are coordinating that they will be wearing to Thanksgiving...don't worry, you will see pictures of the cuteness after Thanksgiving! Then we headed to Macy's because I had tremendous success there last time I needed dresses and RC had been there a few days ago and said they had some beautiful dresses. She was right, they did have beautiful dresses AND they were 40% off; however, they started at $80 and didn't have pretty or coordinating dresses in baby sizes. So I convinced Ally we needed to go to Dillard's knowing darn well their dresses would be every bit as beautiful and every bit as expensive. As soon as we got there I was immediately happy to see they had the same dresses that Macy's had, but also in the baby sizes...woo-hoo! BUT, let's see how much they are...OMG, they are the SAME dresses but start at $55 and are ALSO 40% off...JACKPOT!!! Still a lot of money for dresses they won't wear much, but not too bad, and this is our 3rd store and we are beat down! We picked out beautiful dresses and Ash and Addy will be matching! Plus, they were $30 and $27...SCORE!! They are not traditional Christmas colors, but beautiful nonetheless, and Ash will be able to wear hers to her Violin recital. Now I just have to find shoes and hair accessories. I may go look for those in the morning as we may go take their picture tomorrow before I take Meredith's family's pictures.

The work week was actually pretty slow for me, which was a refreshing change. It usually gets this way close to the holidays. Monthly reports are ramping up again, so I'll be busy again the week after Thanksgiving.

Ash has said some funny things this week: She apparently overheard me talking to Ally on the phone about to Kansas City for Thanksgiving (which I guess I hadn't told her about yet) and when I hung up she said "Are you going for long?" I said "to Kansas City? Yes, we'll be there for a long weekend" and she said (with tears in her eyes) "Mommy, how am I going to take care of Addy by myself for long?" Oh my goodness, my heart was broken because she thought we were leaving them behind and was worried she wouldn't be able to care for Addy herself. I explained it to her that we would never leave them alone and they are coming with us and she was so excited that she was going to see everyone. Then last night after we dropped Ally and PeyPey off at home, she said "Mommy, you have to put me to bed right when we get home, I can't keep my eyes open!" I thought that was too cute. Oh, and this morning we were reminding her why we celebrate Christmas and she said "but Jesus can't eat his cake up there because it will go all over!" Too funny!

This is a picture of Addy after I couldn't find her, in a place that I have no idea how she got there. It's a very small opening to get into this space to squeeze into, but I thought it was cute that she was "hiding".


Okay, that's all I've got folks, Sleep Tight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very sweetly you write about the girls! Love the shopping trip tale! Ashleigh is so wonderful to think about her sister's care! Addyson is quite mobile now, isn't she! Enjoy Thanksgiving & can't wait to see pics! Love, Auntie S

JESSICA said...

TT played like crap! Since they beat Texas, and Texas beat OU, it should all be tied up, but the BCS just plain stinks so they'll knock TT down a lot. OU & Texas just dominate the Big 12 South no matter what...
I can't wait to see the pictures of the girls, and also the pictures of Alma & Meredith's families. I'm sure you are doing fabulously with that!
Ash's comments are too cute. :)

The York Family Blog said...

The comments that these kids make just crack me up. There are some doozies...for sure. ha
Addy patty...I just lover her to peices. Peyton makes me sing the song to her that I sing to addy.."Addy patty puddin' and Pie..." hehe