Sunday, November 16, 2008

I'm Sorry..

...For the long delay since my last post. I'm sure you know what I'm going to say...it's been an unbelievably busy week! I even worked until almost 10:00pm 2 nights in a row, Wednesday and Thursday, I think. Needless to say, I am exhausted today and trying to rest up for another week. But life is good, and moving along happily.

I was scheduled to take Alma's (one of my best friends) family's photos at 10:00am yesterday. We were going to do the shoot at the Grapevine Botanical Gardens (where we did Brittany's Senior Photos) but it was quite chilly outside and very windy so we decided to move it indoors to the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine. If you haven't been there, you really should go, it's very beautiful and during the Holidays, they really deck the place out. We were lucky in that they officially started their Holiday season the night before. We got some good shots, but the kids were getting tired of having their picture taken so it got more and more challenging to get them both looking my way, with a smile, at the same time. She has an almost 4 year old and a 1 1/2 year old and they are a couple of cutie-patooties! Deena (one of my other best friends), Kevin (her husband), and Jack (her 2-year old son) were there for the festivities, as well, and then we all went to lunch at Red Robin afterwards. Oh, and their kids got to go ahead and see Santa since he was there and they were already dressed up, PLUS he wasn't busy. Unfortunately, Santa was on a break when we got there so we had to wait for him and his crew to arrive. Jack cried, Ian did not, and Noah did...2 out of 3, that's hilarious! Then we all went to lunch to Red Robin afterwards, it was yummy and we were starving!

Then I barely had enough time to run home, pick up the family, and head BACK to Grapevine (keep in mind that this is about a 35 minute drive) for Jaydon's 6th birthday party at Main Event. The kids got to bowl 1st then we were off to the party room for pizza, wings, presents, and cake. It was all very delicious. Unfortunately, Jessica wasn't able to go because she had a mysterious fever. But the kids had a great time.

Then we had to leave there to make it to Steve's birthday dinner by 7:00 at Buca di Beppo. Another yummy meal. Addy did so good staying awake and not being cranky all this time.

I was so tired today that I could not even motivate myself to get dressed until about 1:00 when I HAD to get up and go to the store...we had like zero food in this house, even Addy was out of food. RC had to go too, so we went together. I hate that she always spends like $70 less than me, she is SUCH a good, smart shopper. But I was proud of myself and did cut AND use coupons, which saved me like $13. I guess that's worth the effort. Most of you know I despise going grocery shopping and having to dig for coupons in the middle of the store to see which brand of cereal I have to buy and how much of it I have to buy to save my .50 really irks my nerves. I know I'm not alone when I say I wish money didn't have to be such an object to have to be subjected to such annoyingness! Ugh!

We're watching the Cowboys game and I'm so glad that Romo is back, we're winning right now 14-10 with a little over 2 minutes left. We're not playing our best, but we just may pull out a win this week. And my man, Jason Witten, is such a stud, he's playing with a broken rib. Though, he did drop a pass he should have caught. Lets Go 'Boys!!

Peyton came over for a few hours this evening while Ally and Steve went to a Client Appreciation Party for Ally's work. Ash had to be in bed by 7:30, so Peyton had to hang out with us for a while. And today is Steve's birthday...Happy Birthday Steve! He's 37, what an old man!

Ally told me that Addy has a lazy eye and buck teeth...NICE!

I know there was more I wanted to talk about, but my brain is fried...Brian keeps talking to me, and I don't understand what he's saying...he was telling me about a Casio that takes like 120 pictures per second and I'm thinking "a watch? what's the quality like?" and he just looked at me like I'm crazy. Isn't a Casio a watch? I guess they make cameras too? Oh well. Whatever. I'm going to bed. Sleep tight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ME TOO...About what? love, Auntie S

The York Family Blog said...

Busy weekend. Happy B-day Steve, not that he reads our blogs. Thanks for watching peyton for a while.

Anonymous said...

You sound like you are tired! Poor thing! Chasing two babies is rough! I don't do any better than you at the grocery store! I just get what I need but Uncle Richard is the price shopper! He came home with KRAFT mayonnaise! I ONLY LIKE HELLEMANN'S! Love, Auntie S