Sunday, February 8, 2009

Another Fast Weekend

Sunday night is already here again. In fact, it's already was past my bedtime but we're watching the Grammy's and then we'll head to bed. This weekend was pretty busy but it was good and we got quite a bit accomplished. The sisters got our hair done on Saturday morning. I had to be there at 9:00 to get started on my highlights. I decided to go back darker closer to my natural hair color and then get more of a contrast with highlights. My hair was getting too light and in the sun it looked pretty red. Anyway it turned out real good and I love it. The sisters were scaring me when Tina was taking the foil out because they said it was white. But all was good in the end. I like to keep my length even though they are always telling me to cut it short. I don't know why. Isn't long hair pretty? I did get more of a style I guess and got more layers around my face, but still kept it long. I do trim it so it stays healthy. Anyway, enough about my hair. Maybe I'll take a picture of it for you.

Then I had to rush back home to pick up the family to head to Jacoby's 1st birthday party. This was a good time. Of course, Addy cried when we started singing "Happy Birthday". She is scared of the loudness. She was tired so it took a while to calm her down. Jacoby got lots of good stuff and really dove in to his birthday cake. Maybe if Jessica blogs she will post some pictures. When we needed to leave to get Addy a nap Jessica asked if Ashleigh could stay to play so we agreed. Brian and I did some laundry and straightened up while Addy was napping. Then Brian went to ride his motorcycle because the wind had finally died down and it was SO nice outside. While he was gone, me and Addy went to Home Depot to buy some staples for my French Memo Boards (more on this later). Then we went to pick up Ashleigh. She had a great time playing with Jaydon.

After the Girls went to bed I started making my 3 French Memo Boards that I had planned for my home office. Brian had already cut the wood so I was good to go. Home Depot didn't have the staples Brian said I needed so I left there with a longer staple. Sure enough, they were too long and went right through the wood to the other side. Dammit! So just then Brian called and said he was on his way home and I tell him about the staples and he said Home Depot would be open another 20 minutes so he will go by there to see if there is another alternative. My wonderful husband came home with a new electric staple gun so it would be easier to pull the trigger (the manual one gives me bruises on my hand!) Wonderful, so I start the Boards. I get to the last step of hot gluing the buttons on and I realize I had only bought 6 buttons but needed 15. I don't know how I made that mistake! Brian and I decided the ones I picked out were too small anyway. I like having immediate satisfaction when I construct anything, so I was disappointed to have to go to bed with them unfinished.

So I woke up this morning wanting to head to Joann Fabrics to get new buttons and to also get the materials to make some for Ashleigh's room. I also had a spare piece of wood and volunteered to make one for Ally's office. So I made Ally go with me. Got all that done, come home and start constructing boards again, starting with Ally's. Get to the ribbon stage and we didn't buy enough. Dammit! Again, no immediate satisfaction. So I glue the buttons on my 3 office boards....finally a completed set of boards. So then I start Ashleigh's boards. Get to the step of stapling on the ribbon and I run out of freakin' staples! I literally need 6 more staples. The box Brian had bought with the electric stapler had 1250 staples in it. LOL! I went through that many staples and only need 6 freakin' more! UGH!! Again, no immediate satisfaction! Now I have to make another trip back to Home Depot...actually, I'll make Brian go. :-) Actually, I'll probably go if I want these done anytime soon! LOL! I'll take pictures of them all when I'm done.

I want to wish my most faithful reader/comment leaver a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Aunt Sharon is my Dad's brother's wife and we all love her so much! She cracks me up so much! Happy Birthday Aunt Sharon, I hope it's GREAT!

Here are some pictures I took of Addy this past Friday:



I hope you all have a GREAT week! Sleep Tight!

4 comments:

JESSICA said...

That's karma for you baby...for not accepting my help with those memo boards! HA!
...okay, so I'm kidding but not really. I can't wait to see them!
Yes, Jessica will post pictures from the birthday soon.
Happy Birthday Aunt Sharon - who by the way should start her own blog! ...and knowing that she is an aquarius like me makes me like her that much more!
LOVE the pictures of Addy. WAY cute headband. She looks beautiful! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the pics of addy especially the last one. She is so adorable. :) J

Anonymous said...

My grandbaby is just too adorable. She is getting so big. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Dear Jessica, Thanks for the Happy Birthday wish & no wonder I always agree with you, Sister Aquarian!
Happy Birthday to you too!
Dear Andi, Thank you for the Happy Birthday wish & the sweet words & I love you too! The pics of Addi are so good! She looks less "baby" w/her haircut & scarf! She is so pretty!
As for the hair issue, the rule is the older you get, the shorter your hair, so I'm bald now! Your hair is so pretty & only you can decide! Love, Auntie S