Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Weekend

Howdy, howdy! Another week has come and gone since my last update. Geesh, the time clock is just ticking along so fast! It was a rather uneventful week. Steve (Ally's husband) had his lap band surgery on Monday. He came out of it just fine, though, they did have to repair a hernia that they saw while they were in there. Steve was the 1st surgery of the day but the last to leave. Surprise, surprise! Steve "hard way" York!! He was required to pee 100 cc's before he could leave and apparently had a hard time with that. He's finally allowed some solid foods this week as long as it is mushy so he requested my famous mashed potatoes. As the good sister-in-law I am, I obliged. I just got back a little while ago from delivering them to his house. He's already lost like 34 pounds between the 2 week liquid diet and the surgery.

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. Brittany is needing to raise some money to pay for her various Prom needs (hair and nails, specifically) so I lined her up to babysit for us so we could actually celebrate the "day of love". We seriously couldn't remember the last time we actually went out for V-Day. Every restaurant is always packed so we usually steer clear. But we decided to venture out this year. I was trying to think of a place that wouldn't be so jammed pack that it wouldn't be enjoyable so I chose Circle S. You don't think Circle S when you think of a romantic dinner but we had a coupon and we figured wouldn't be jammed pack. Luckily we did decide to call ahead to see if we could make reservations...it's a good thing we did because it was a requirement for V-Day! So we go and they were quite busy, but with our handy-dandy reservation, we were seated right away. People were showing up without reservations and they were trying to accommodate everyone. I think they did a good job. They even had a V-Day meal with steak and shrimp but Brian and I had our heart (no pun intended) set on the Fort Worth Philly! Yum-Yum!! After dinner we had some time to kill before our movie so we went to Wal-Mart (I know, it's so romantic!) We got to looking at the bikes for Ashleigh. The family has been giving us a hard time that Ashleigh doesn't ride a bike yet. Maybe we have been holding her back, but we don't need anymore stamps on Ashleigh's ER Frequent Visitor card. And she enjoys her scooter and her tricycle. Anyway, we settled on an 18" bike with training wheels and decided to get it for her. Damm thing was $60. But we figured Wal-Mart had the best deals. So after that Brian and I are still so stuffed form dinner that we don't want to sit through a movie. Plus we didn't want to spend the money since we just spent $60 on a bike. So we discuss going home when I remember RC telling me that her and Kevin were going to have some "alone" time after the Father/Daughter dance (more on the dance later) and were going to drop Sydney off at my house to be under the watchful eye of Brittany while she was babysitting my kids. So I call RC and Kevin had just dropped Syd off and yes, us coming home now would indeed ruin their "alone" time. Well, shoot. After some back and forth we decide they had until 10:00 (it was now 9:00)...I know, we're such Party Animals! So after getting a fountain drink at Quik Trip we head to the York's to visit for a bit. We debated going to the Roger's but with Baby Jilian, we were worried of interrupting some much needed sleep for them (I know Jessica will comment that we should have come over because she never sleeps!) So on the way to the York's we decide to call RC to tell them they would have a little extra time. However, it appears I must have interrupted something because it rang and rang and then appeared to have been picked up and left off the hook. I later found out that Ally was calling them giving them a hard time prior to that. hehehe!!! So we visited with the York's for a while and head home around 10:30. Addy had long been in bed, Ash was already in bed, Syd was asleep on the couch, and Brittany was on the computer. Fun Times Saturday night! But we enjoyed our time out just the 2 of us.

Before our little date, Brian and Ashleigh went to the City's Father/Daughter dance. This was their 3rd year to go. Sydney graduated to the older group this year which was from 7:00-9:00. Ash's age group was from 5:00-6:30. Steve and Peyton went too and they all had a good time. Ash was disappointed that she didn't win a door prize this year but she's over it now. Peyton won 1 month of free ballet lessons at the local dance school, a $95 value.

Here are some pictures from the week:

Brian must have taken this one, I thought it was pretty cool. I love that Texas sky!



Addy's sleepy position:



Brian and Ash before the Father/Daughter Dance:



These next few are funny; Ash had brought her pillow into the living room to lay down and Addy was trying to take it over.
Ash trying to get her pillow back:


Ashleigh trying to share and give her Sissie some love:



That's good sharing:



Um, I think Addy won:



Still "Sissie's" through the ordeal:



Strike a pose in your PJs, Ash:



Ash on her new bike:



Watching Sissie ride her new bike:


Ahhhh, how cute:



Ash disappointed that she failed at climbing up the slide. Not to worry, she made it on the next attempt:



Well, I think that's all I have for now. Oh, the memo boards are done, but they've been sitting on the end table all week waiting for Brian to hang them. If they don't get hung soon, I'll take a picture of them anyway for you to see. I even finally finished the last wall in Ashleigh's room. I have been needing to touch up along the stripes for the past year on the last wall, and I did it today since that's the wall where I want Brian to hang the boards. Oh well, maybe it will get done some day. You guys have a GREAT week! Sleep Tight!

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh my gosh how old are you and Allie? Calling RC and interupting their alone time. Isn't that something people did back in college? just kidding but I bet she wanted to kill you both. I finally update. Glad you gues had a nice dinner. mer

JESSICA said...

Agree with Meredith - you big dork! :)
Yes, you SHOULD have come over. You knew we weren't doing a thing. We watched America's Most Wanted and played on the computer on Saturday night - oh the joys of parenthood!
I'm glad Ash had fun with her daddy.
Great pics!

The York Family Blog said...

Yes, but when you are sisters you are forever like college school girls in how you bug the crap out of them. That's half the fun of having siblings! haha The pillow pictures totally cracked me up. They are so precious. Ash's hair is so pretty. We will have to bring Peyton's bike over and they can ride together. Maybe watching ash ride hers will help Peyton to learn how to ride hers. It's so frustrating! uggh.

Rae Carol said...

Thank you ladies for backing me up!! My sisters are RUDE!!! I was trying to have a romantic night with my hubbie of 23 freaking years and they do that to me!! After 23 years, ya know....we need some romance!!! Bad sisters.

my little nieces are sooo cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry RC, but I am rollin on the floor laughin! Great job Sisters! BUT... paybacks are hell! Thank you so much for the pics! You are a blessed family! Love, Auntie S