Sunday, February 22, 2009

Super Heroes and Frogs

I know that title doesn't mean much to you, but it totally cracked me up when Ashleigh said it last night. We were playing poker with the sisters and husbands and Ashleigh came running in the room with a blanket tied around her neck like a cape and Peyton came running in with one of Ash's hooded towels that looks like a frog. So it was appropriate! Anyway, not relevant to the blog, it has just stuck with me. And I guess you had to be there!

Not much been going on. I did take Jilian's (Jessica's baby girl) newborn pictures yesterday. I was nervous because I'm always scared of screwing up! I always give the disclosure that "if you don't like them, you won't hurt my feelings if you go to Target after you see them". Anyway, it went pretty well. Unfortunately, Jilian wasn't used to being "uncovered" so she was rather unhappy a majority of the time. We assume it was because she wasn't her usual snug as a bug, but we tried feeding her, holding her, etc, but she finally fell asleep during the last 30 minutes of a 2 hour session. But we got some good ones nonetheless. I am still editing like crazy (background issues mostly) and will let Jessica show them off for the most part, but I will just give you (and her) a tiny sneak peak:





Before I did Jilian's pictures, I did some head shots for Jeremy's (Jessica's husband) Aunt. She is an Interior Designer and needed some new business cards. We got some good ones of her as well. I hope she will agree!

Today we went to Shady Oak Barbeque with the Rogers'. They insisted we go so they could "pay" me for all of the pictures I've done. We hesitantly agreed because I don't feel it is at all necessary. But it was quite yummy and we enjoyed the outing immensely. Thanks again to the Rogers!

The rest of the day was spent playing outside for a bit, laundry, grocery shopping, editing, baths, and well, that's all I can think of. I can't believe tomorrow is Monday already, UGH! But I do get to look forward to next weekend, because I am scrapbooking with some of my friends again. I must get organized this week so I am more prepared than I usually am! I am excited to use my new Xyron tool...it puts adhesive on anything to make it a sticker. I only bought the small one, but am thinking it will be most beneficial for ribbon. Interesting stuff, huh? LOL!

Oh, Brian's sister, Katie, called tonight and asked if I would be interested in taking pictures at her 10-year class reunion. I agreed, but am nervous about that because it will involve posed pictures for all at the beginning and then photographing during the event. Yikes...it's in August so we'll see what happens! I think she said it's at the Dallas World Aquarium. It might be free services with a minimum number of picture sales...we'll see...I need to figure out what materials I will need.

Brittany had her first college audition this weekend. I am so very proud of her. I am dreading her leaving for college and will miss her so much! I can't believe she will be 18 in just a couple of weeks. Unbelievable how quickly her youth has fleeted! You can read about their trip to the audition here. RC did conveniently leave out that she got yet another leg cramp in the car! She is ridiculous with those cramps!

Ashleigh came home with a level 5 book from school to read. On the 1st try she got EVERY word right! I was so very proud of her! We've kept each level book for about a week but this one we will only keep over this weekend and will be returning it tomorrow for the next level. I can really see her improving on her reading! Her spelling is a bit frustrating...we will practice her "words of the week" and she will have them mastered (there are 5 every week) but when we get her test back (not graded, just a preparedness for 1st grade) she always makes silly mistakes. I think she has only perfected 1 test so far (they started these in January). On last week's test, "five" was one of her words which she had no problem with, but she didn't even attempt it on the test at all. UGH!

Anyway, it's after 10:00 and I still need to put some laundry away so it doesn't wrinkle. Then off to bed! I hope you all have a GREAT week! Sleep Tight! Here are some photos from the past couple of days:



Oh goodness, Ash came in and said, "Don't I look pretty, Mommy?" Hmmm..how do you answer that?






4 comments:

JESSICA said...

It was definitely our pleasure to take your family out to eat. You deserve much more than a dinner for the 3 photo sessions you have done for us and you know it. You don't give yourself enough credit.
I love the pictures of your girls. If Ash asked me if she looked pretty in that outfit, my response would have been, "Honey, you always look pretty. Just remember that these outfits are only for dress-up in the house and should never be worn outside." :)
OH OH OH - EVERY great photographer needs an assistant, right? LOL. If you need ANY help with Katie's 10-yr. reunion pictures, just call me your beotch. I'll fix hair, adjust lighting, get you cold drinks. Really! :)
Have a great week!

The York Family Blog said...

You answer it just like I do..."You look beautiful!" ha No matter what! I think it might be time to pass that dance outfit down to Peyton..lookin a little small.
LOVE the pics

Anonymous said...

The pics are great & I love the Ashleigh one! She is just doing an "Aunt Jeanette"! LOL! Baby "head shot" is soooo sweet! Reunion sounds like fun & good networking oppurtunity! Auntie S

The York Family Blog said...

Update your blog already...geez