Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Here At Last

I have to apologize...it has been W-A-Y too long since I've blogged last! As always, I've been so busy with everything but first and foremost I wanted to finish editing Jilian's newborn pictures. I am happy to say that I DID finally finish those pictures, Jessica picked them up today, she looked at them this evening, and her and Jeremy LOVED them! I am so excited they liked them because I was soooo nervous about it. I won't post anymore of them than I already did, but you can keep checking her blog here for when she posts them. I hope you all like them too!

Oh goodness, what has been going on around here the past 2 weeks? Brian's older sister, Tracy, and her 2 kids, Bria and Tanner, came into town on Sunday. So we headed down to Arlington and spent the day with them. While we were there we took some family pictures (you can see them below). Brian's Mom, Margarete, made us a wonderful lasagna lunchner (lunch and dinner for those of you who don't habla). I say lunchner because we were so stuffed we couldn't possible eat another thing the rest of the day! Very yummy! The clan will be headed up to our neck of the woods tomorrow night so I can cook them dinner. On the menu: ham, cheesy potatoes, caesar salad, and rolls. Hmmm, I just realized I didn't plan on dessert. Oh well, we'll probably be too full. Tracy and the kids roll back out of town on Friday morning. :-(

Allyson and our old childhood friend, Erica, drove down to San Antonio for a Century 21 convention. Erica lives in Washington state and flew in Sunday night and then they left Monday morning. I got to see her briefly before they left while Ally was dropping Peyton off. When they come back Thursday we'll go to dinner so we can spend a little time together before she flies back home on Friday. I sure hope they are enjoying their 4 days without us!

Some of my girlfriends and I scrapbooked a couple of Saturdays ago. I didn't take a picture of the layouts I did, but if you want to see them, remind me when I see you and I'll show you. Speaking of taking pictures, I haven't taken pictures yet of the french memo boards I made for Ashleigh's room and my office because Brian STILL has not hung them! UGH! And now he's starting to get busy with work so who knows when they'll get hung. I will probably have to take a picture of them anyway even though they are not on the wall. I'll try to convince him this coming weekend. They've kind of become a permanent fixture on the end table in the living room. LOL!

Addy is still not walking. She did take about 3 steps unassisted a few days ago but she definitely is not being consistent and she still prefers to just crawl and doesn't even seem to want to walk yet. I guess she'll do it on her own time. As far as her talking, I took her for her hearing test and to see the ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat Doctor for those of you who don't habla). She passed her hearing test with flying colors, her frequency and pressures were perfect, and Doc said her ears were beautiful. GREAT news! We can rule out her hearing as a reason for her not talking. Doc said it is typical for younger siblings to not talk as soon as their older siblings because those older siblings tend to "speak" for the younger ones. It's funny, because Margarete said the same thing happened with Brian. Tracy used to always speak for him so he didn't learn to speak for himself. Plus Addy is home with me all day without much social interaction. She'll get there eventually.

Ashleigh continues to do very good in Kindergarten. I'm sure I've mentioned they started their Leveled Readers in January when they returned from the Holidays. I am so proud of her for how well she has done. She is already on level 9 which she will read to Mrs. Roberts tomorrow and then she'll be on level 10. She seems to breeze through most of them once she sounds out her new words. Tomorrow she has her class picture, I need to come up with something cute for her to wear.

My goodness, I know I had a lot to say but I'm drawing a blank. I guess I'll leave you tonight with some pictures from the past couple of weeks (you can click on them to enlarge each one):

Last Friday my Mom and Ally wanted to go to lunch after Mom got done at Kidney Clinic and I was trying to keep Addy awake. I put her in her high chair with Cheerios and when I came back, this is what I saw. Poor Girl was so tired and ready for her nap. The phone eventually woke her up when it was time to go:



Flashlight Fun:



Showing off her mouth full of teeth:



More flashlight of fun:



My Beautiful Brown-Eyed Girl showing off her tooth brushing skills:



Here are some of the family pictures we took in Arlington on Sunday with Brian's family. Clockwise starting at 1:00: Tracy, Katie, Brian:




Me and my handsome hubby:



The Grandkids. From left to right: Tekoa, Bria, Addyson, Tanner, Ashleigh, Kaileyanna



Today (who am I fooling...everyday, like 28 times a day) Addyson decides it will be a good time to empty my ribbon drawer from my wrapping cart. As big of a pain it is to clean this up 28 times a day, I couldn't resist snapping some pictures (and yes, I thought it would be cute to put 3 pony tails in Addy's hair, hehehe, we needed a change):



Yummy Ribbon:



She must like the way that gold ribbon tastes:



Sally LOVES to lick Shasta's ears. I know it's gross, but Shasta LOVES it too:



Awww, cutie sisters:



Alrighty folks, I'm going to finish watching AI (LOVE Allison by the way!!) and Biggest Loser (was a fan of Felipe until I just witnessed his temper!) I hope to not be such a bad blogger in the coming week. Thanks for sticking with me! Sleep Tight!

5 comments:

JESSICA said...

Sweet Sucess - one of the West girls is back!
Now I've gotta work on the other two...

Thanks for sharing the pics. LOVE all of the colors that the grandkids are wearing. TOTALLY cute.
LOVE the picture of Addy's teeth too - cutie pie!
...and of course, Ash's flashlight pictures are adorable. That little girl will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that you and bubbas picture should be a new facebook picture :) miss you guys

Jessica

The York Family Blog said...

Please do not put 3 ponytails in that poor childs head again! haha
Love the pics...bout time you blogged.

Rae Carol said...

GREAT PICS!!! We need to take our girls to the bluebonnets and get some shots...of course when the bluebonnets decide when they want to make an appearance!!

Anonymous said...

Perfect Pics! The girls are so pretty just like their Mommy! Love, Auntie S