Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Productive Day

We got quite a bit done today. It started with me actually making breakfast...bacon and eggs. Brian loves it, I'm not quite sure why I don't cook breakfast more often. Probably laziness. Then Brian actually started hanging my memory boards. He had to start by putting the hangars on the back of them; unfortunately, that's where that job ended. I can't even remember now what distracted him from actually hanging them. Oh, I think Addy was napping and we didn't want to wake her up with the drill. But then we cleaned the outside of the windows (they were so dirty, especially the front ones which face the south and get pounded by that southern wind), power washed the patio and the patio furniture, finally got rid of the sand box from the Lazy Race (which was way nasty), got some plumbing done around the hot water heater (I don't know, that's Brian's department), got the hose reel hung (that I bought 2 summers ago, LOL!), did quite a bit of laundry, picked up the house a bit, hmmmm, what else?!?! That's all I can think of right now, but that's A LOT! My husband is so very handy, and I am so grateful for it! I did go to Sam's to get a few things. Well, I say a few things, $137 worth! Geez, I can't get out of there for under $100...EVER! Oh, while I was gone Brian surprised me with buying a Wii. I've really been wanting one...the Harris' have one and it's so much fun! I'm not a gamer by any stretch of the imagination, but it's definitely a work out. That's why I'm getting a late start typing this blog tonight, I was busy getting my ass kicked by Brian in tennis, bowling, AND boxing! I must say, it was close in every game, but I lost nonetheless. After the boxing, I was breathing quite heavily and I realized just how out of shape I am! We will probably buy the Wii Fit at some point, but they were out of them.

Yesterday, we went to the Harris' for Brittany's and Kevin's birthday celebration. It was a good time. I have to give a shout out to Carrie (Kevin's sister) who looks FABULOUS! She has lost weight and has been working out a lot and it has definitely paid off for her! You go Girl! Brittany got quite a bit of cash and gift cardage, so hopefully that will help her out with prom and maybe a head start on her college preparations.

I apparently didn't pick up the camera much this week. But I took these today of Addy because I just couldn't resist her cuteness!

She's trying to put on Sissy's headband here:



Laughing pretty hard that I was laughing at how cute it was that she was trying to put on that headband:



The headband around her neck, where it always ends up, too funny!




We finally had the yard done on Thursday. The first mow of the season and it needed it so badly! Brian felt bad for the lawn guy because we have him bag the grass on the first one of the season which means one row and it's full. So Brian hopped on the Dude's riding mower to get the back started while the guy pushed mowed the front. I thought he looked extra cute, so I snapped a few pictures.

Isn't he sexy!?!?!



Hmmm, that looks pretty similar to the one above:



If you click on this one to enlarge it, you can see his big smile. I'm pretty sure he had a blast on that thing!



Ashleigh was on Spring Break this past week. I did manage to take Friday off so I could spend time with her. We went to lunch with my sisters and my Mom and then I had Brittany lined up to babysit Addy so I could give Ash my undivided attention. We ended up going shopping and Ally and Peyton came along with us. We went to Marshalls and I found an outfit and a pair of shoes for each daughter. Plus, Ash picked out a Hello Kitty princess castle toy...I agreed to buy it for her since it was our "Day of Fun". Such a spoiled child! Ally found an Easter dress for Peyton there and it is VERY pretty! Then we went to Target and we got Ash, Peyton, and Sydney matching bathing suits which are oh so cute! I'm sure we'll get a picture to share this summer. I also bought the Girls' Easter dresses. I wanted them to match this year but couldn't find matching. I found two that were pretty darned close and bought them. They are cute, I'm just not sure if they are the ones I will end up with. If I find something else I like better, I'll return them. I may try Children's Place (which is where I wanted to go originally, but Ally refused to go to the mall). We'll see if I have time to go before Easter. I also bought Ash a pair of Easter shoes at Target and another summer outfit. We saw Ashleigh's teacher there and Ash was so excited to see her.
Poor Addy has been suffering with teeth 13 and 14 coming in. These two are playing games with her, one day I'll feel them, and the next I won't. Poor girl is practically chewing her finger off (and mine when I'm not fast enough!) to get some relief! We really need to buy stock in Tylenol! She also continues to take steps here and there, but still isn't consistent with it. She also still has no desire to talk. She is really quiet unless she is crying or making that "give me that" noise. Ally started doing some sign language with her the other day and Addy was doing sooo good with it! She really imitates you well when you do it. She did especially well with "more". So proud of that girl, no matter how quiet and a lazy walker she is! LOL!
Well, it's almost 11:00 so I better wrap this up. I hope you all have a GREAT week! It will be hard for me to wake up because I allowed myself to sleep in until Addy woke up this past week...7:30 was better than 6:50!! Sleep Tight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the pics & our yard needs it BAD too! Good job Brian! Shopping sounds fun! Love, Auntie S

The York Family Blog said...

I am the one that got her saying "Momma" and now the sign language. I am going to have that girl talking sometime soon..I just know it. ha
Shopping was good....spent too much darn money though.

JESSICA said...

Addy's pics are so precious!

The one of Brian smiling on the mower just cracked me up...which also made me crack up even more because well...YOU ARE PAYING SOMEONE TO DO THAT! SAVE THE MONEY AND HAVE BRIAN DO IT, HOITY-DOITY! LMAO!

Ahhh, the "more" sign - gotta love that! We did sign language for quite some time with Jaydon. Go Ally!