Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Chicken Fried Steak Night

Every once in a while RC will say "It's time for a chicken fried steak" night and we're like "it's about time!". Really, I'm not a big chicken fried steak fan, but Brian LOVES it and RC's is pretty good! And she makes a real good homemade cream gravy. Of course, I make my homemade mashed potatoes...I made 8 pounds worth and there wasn't that much left either. I let Steve take the leftovers home since he is my biggest fan. ha! Addy had her 1st taste of them and didn't seem to enjoy it too much. We'll give her a little bit more time. Anyway, it was a very yummy dinner!

We have "Meet The Teacher" night at Ashleigh's school tomorrow. Her teacher's name is Erica Roberts and we've already corresponded via email. She seems very nice and coincidentally also has two young girls. I can't talk about my baby going to Kindergarten very much, I get too emotional. I'm sure it will all come flooding out on the 1st day of school. But I'm doing my best to ensure that Ash is her favorite student! :)

My Dad is at the Jersey Shore all week and we are so jealous. I can't even tell you how adulthood has affected my tan. I want to be sunbathing on the white, fine sand and riding the waves. I want to eat ice cream from the ice cream man on the beach. I want to eat subs on the beach everyday for lunch. I want to go to Mento's after dinner to get some water ice or a twist with chocolate jimmies. Uncle Richard and Aunt Sharon plus their kids were there for a few days too and I would have LOVED to see them. Aunt Sharon is all of our biggest blog fan and we love spending time with them, they are so funny! Hopefully we will get to see them soon.

I'm going to be sad when the Olympics are over. I'm enjoying them tremendously! There has been so many GREAT moments. I am so tired though, from staying up late, particularly to watch gymnastics. Of course, it's over now, and now I'm watching the gold medal match for women's beach volleyball. These girls are so awesome! I've never seen May and Walsh lose but they are playing the Chinese team that is the last team to beat them in international play...scary! Okay, it's getting good, I must GO!! Sleep tight!

1 comment:

The York Family Blog said...

Do you realize how many food items you mentioned in one short blog! hehe hummm...wonder why we are fat. ;)