Monday, August 25, 2008

Kindergarten Is Here

She did it, my baby started Kindergarten today at Big Kid's School. I She did just fine, and she really enjoyed her day. I think I was probably more emotional yesterday than today because it was our last full day together and just getting everything together made me realize it was really happening. She was nervous this morning...she wouldn't eat breakfast and said her tummy hurt. I'm sure it was the butterflies making her tummy hurt. But when it was time to walk in her classroom she marched right in and sat in her chair like a big girl. It happened so fast that I didn't even have a chance to say goodbye to her. That was probably a blessing because I'm certain that would have choked me up. Last night as Brian was putting her to bed, she said "Mommy, are you proud of me for going to Kindergarten?" Luckily Brian was giving her a piggy back ride to bed, so she didn't see me lose it. But I have been real good since then. I feel better that Auntie Rae teaches there now so she can keep her eye out. Sydney had a great day too and says she loves her new teacher! Here are a few pictures from the morning:




I have some fears that I can't seem to get out of my mind. Here are a few of them: I’m scared about bully’s making fun of her. I’m scared about her being too shy. I’m scared about her not making friends. I’m scared that her teacher won’t like her the MOST. I’m scared she’ll be behind because she is so young. I’m scared that she won’t understand the new rules. I'm scared she won't be able to open her lunch items like her juice box or chips. I'm scared she won't know how to go through the lunch line and carry her tray when she buys her lunch. I'm scared she'll make friends with the bad students. I’m scared to death that my girl is growing up so fast…it really scares me and I can’t control so much as she starts big kid school. Okay, maybe that was more than a few items, but you get the picture. I have to put my faith and trust in the school, her teacher, God, and trust my little girl to take the things we have taught her to make the best decisions she possibly can. Okay, enough of that!
Ashleigh and I went to Burger's Lake yesterday with the Harris', the female York's, Carrie, Sherry, and Tyler. Brittany and Tyler also brought friends. We had a lot of fun for the last day of summer vacation. My chest got a little sunburned...I haven't been in the sun much this summer (I know, SHOCKER, I'm usually a Sun Goddess).
Saturday, Ashleigh and I got our back to school haircuts at Tina's. It's funny because the past two times I've been to Tina's I have forgotten to pay for something she did. The 1st time it was my highlights...I'm supposed to pay a little extra on top of my regular color...forgot! So I paid up next time. The next time I had my brows waxed...I was too busy paying for my late highlights and forgot to pay for my brow wax. So this past Saturday I said "Okay, I'm paying for my brow wax from last time, Ashleigh's cut, my color and cut, AND I want my brows waxed again". So paid for all of that....Guess what? I walked out of there without my brow wax. hehehe, too funny!! I guess it is just payback for continuously forgetting to pay for stuff!! I know you read this Tina, don't forget you owe me a waxing!! :-) I thought that was hilarious!!!
We went to Justin (Kevin's nephew and Carrie's son) and Brittany's wedding on Friday. It was a cute church, nice ceremony (with a couple of laughs), and a lovely reception. When we arrived in the chapel and sat down in the pew it felt like it was going to break...I guess they all felt that way because they seemed quite old. So Brian and I sat on either end of the pew as to put our weight on the legs of the pew. People must have thought we were fighting or something, but can you imagine it breaking in the middle of the ceremony?!?! That is something that WOULD happen to us. And then, the preacher was having them repeat some stuff and he would forget to stop and have them repeat it and would read like a whole paragraph for them to repeat and say "Oh, let me back up so you can remember". He did that with both of them. Too funny! I really wish all the best for them. They are so young...20 years old. They have an 8-month old together so I really hope they can make it work. Thank You to the Rogers for watching the Girls for us. It didn't even start until 7:30...well after Addy starts needing to go to bed, so it was very helpful!!
We're going camping next weekend at Albert Pike in Arkansas. We really enjoyed that location last year and it looks like it is shaping up to be another real good time! Stay tuned!
Goodness, I'm tired, and it's only 9:45. I better start heading that way. By the time I get there it will be WELL after 10:00. Sleep Tight!!

4 comments:

JESSICA said...

Ahhhh - little Ashleigh is growing up! She looks so cute in that outfit. The small ponytail is my fav on her! I'm glad she did so well.
It sounds like you had quite the exciting weekend. :)

The York Family Blog said...

YEAH Ashleigh! Don't grow up too fast, girl. Glad it all went well. I am relieved for sure. Have fun camping..I will be in a comfy bed w/ air conditioning. ha

Anonymous said...

You survived your first day of BIG GIRL school ANDI... congratulations! I am pretty sure Ashleigh is SO proud of you!
WAY TO GO ASH!

Anonymous said...

OH......MY.....GOSH!!!!! You are worse than me for the worries! Good Job Ashleigh! Enjoy the weekend! Love, Auntie S