Thursday, August 21, 2008

Meet The Teacher

We met Ashleigh's teacher tonight, Mrs. Roberts, at "Meet The Teacher" night and to say "I'm relieved" is an understatement. She seems so nice and so enthusiastic about the start of the school year. Before we left, I could tell Ash was pretty nervous. She said she didn't want to go and hid in the kitchen for a minute or two when we were talking about it. But she quickly relaxed about it and became pretty anxious to go to her new classroom. She immediately embraced Mrs. Roberts when we walked in the room and was so excited to sit at her desk. And then she didn't want to leave. So I was glad about that and also glad that they have this opportunity for them to meet their teacher and be in their classroom so that the 1st day isn't so overwhelming. That's the hope anyway! Stay tuned for Monday's blog! While we were there, we signed up for the PTA and bought Ash a couple of school shirts. Thank you to Aunt Ally for getting Ash a Kindergarten care package. It was her pencil box with some of her school supplies in it and Ash was so excited about it.

After we left the school I had to go to Parent Night at the high school for Brittany's band. I've been to everyone since Brittany was a freshman, so of course I was going, she is a senior after all. It's actually been pretty easy the past 2 years since she is a Drum Major because they make the parents learn some marching steps. Oh, let me back up...I'm Brittany's "parent" at these things because the 1st year Brittany pulled me out there with her while RC played parent to another student who didn't have a parent there, so now it's just tradition and RC and Kev refuse to do it. I enjoy doing it. Since SHS is a fairly new school, it's amazing to see how the band has grown in size. The 1st year the school was open, Brittany was a freshman and they only had freshmen and sophomores, then year 2 they had freshmen, sophomores, and juniors. Well, you get the picture. I'm so proud of that girl. She will be majoring in Music when she goes to college in the hopes that she will be able to perform with an orchestra. If she doesn't get a spot performing, she will teach music. She's very dedicated to it.

I'm taking off work tomorrow to get some things done. I am going to Target to get Justin and his fiance' Brittany a wedding gift, they are getting married tomorrow night. Oh, Justin is Kevin and RC's nephew or Kevin's sister's son. I am happy for them, they have a daughter, Haley, about a month older than Addy. Then I need to go to Sam's to get formula and a knowing me, a few other things as well. As of now, my Mom is going to take Ash and Pey somewhere for a few hours.

The Gold Medal match for Men's Beach Volleyball is about to start, gotta go! Sleep Tight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The best Olympics ever! I am glued to the TV I glad its over so I can get stuff done! At least we still have Big Brother! Love, Auntie S