Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Nice Weekend

The weekend started with a scrapbooking date with some of my girlfriends. It was Meredith's turn to host and she lives in Carrollton. So I went to Bedford first to pick up Deena, then on to Mer's from there. I finally started Addy's book and did her "Meet and Greet" page. For those of you who don't habla, the Meet and Greet was in lieu of a baby shower. I didn't want a baby shower since I already had one with Ash, so we had a party after Addy was born for everyone to come over and meet her, hosted by friends and sisters. And yes, people brought gifts, but I felt so bad about that. That's just me. Everyone was so very generous! Anyway, and then I did Valentine's Day for 2007 and 2008 in Ash's book, primarily the Father/Daughter Dance. We always have a good time when we can get together to scrapbook. I wish we could all afford the time to do it more often.

Then last night the Harris' and the York's finally made it to Putt-Putt so they took Ashleigh with them, which was nice of them. They said Ash gave up playing by the 7th hole, she was over it. But she really enjoyed riding the little rides they had there! You can go look at Ally's blog for some photos. Then they went to Red Robin for dinner. Mind you, we fed Ash dinner before they left for Putt-Putt, but when they asked her if she had, she said no. Luckily, they made Ash and Pey share a hamburger meal. That girl, she will eat and eat!

Today I have gotten a lot of laundry done, and FINALLY got Brian to fix the two toilets. The one in the master bath has been running for months. We are constantly turning the valve on and off to use it and then stop the water from running. Well, I guess the little valve had enough of that, because a few days ago the valve broke and wouldn't shut off the water anymore...and it was soooo loud with it running...I had to shut the door while we were sleeping and it still kept me awake!! And the girl's toilet broke just the other day...the seat kept going side to side, I guess one of the bolts holding it in place broke. But the amazing part is that he finished ALL OF IT in 30 minutes...the teeth pulling it took to get him to do it, I would have thought it would take like 5 hours or something!! Geesh, but at least it's done. I also got him to hang some photos I have had framed for 5 months...Addy has finally made it on the wall!! While the screw driver was out, I also talked him into hanging the hammocks I bought for Ashleigh's room to get all of her "babies" off the floor...I kicked that darned basket they were in every time I walked to her closet, so I was thrilled more than anyone to get those hammocks hung!

We also went to the snow cone stand this evening...Ash has been asking for quite some time now, so today was the day! Of course, it started sprinkling on us while we were there, but it was okay.

I just gave Brian a haircut. I'm sure I'll hear about it from Kevin...I've been cutting his too and he tells me to call him whenever I do Brian's. But Brian always calls me i to do his as he's getting in the shower, so there is never opportunity to call Kevin. Don't worry Kevin, let me know when you're ready! I can only do haircut that require only clippers...no scissors for me!

Brittany went with her boyfriend's family to drop him of at college at A&M today...a very sad day for Brittany and Little Brian...I feel for them. It should be interesting to see how it all turns out. They have been together for so long now. RC said it best...luckily Brittany will be busy with band and marching season! They have web cams, so hopefully that will help a little!?!?

Here is a little video from Ashleigh's birthday:


Everyone had so much fun on that slide! Even some of the adults!

Well, it's 10:30, and a work night, so I better start winding down so I can be in bed by 11:0o or so. I hope you all have a GREAT week! Sleep Tight!

2 comments:

JESSICA said...

I'm glad that you got to see your girlfriends - it's always so nice to get away with sweet friends!
I love the video! She had a great time at her birthday and you can tell. :)

The York Family Blog said...

Fun stuff.