Sunday, September 21, 2008

Come Back, Weekend!

I really enjoyed this weekend and I don't want it to end. Monday always comes way to soon, but I know it's necessary and needed in order for a paycheck to keep coming in. We started the weekend going to Olive Garden on Friday night with the sista's and their families. We were hesitant to let the York's go since Steve was sick this week and PeyPey was questionable. We went ahead and let them go but we tried to make RC sit next to him as our 1st line of defense against his cooties since she is on antibiotics for her cyclopes eye (read her blog or details, but she was funny looking!!) I think Ally and Kevin ended up next to him though. Anyway, it was YumYum!! Then Ashleigh had her 1st tee-ball game for the season t 9:00am on Saturday morning. It was a little difficult to get both girls ready, fed, and out the door by 8:30 in order to get there by 8:45 for warm-ups. We were only about 5 minutes late. But the kids did real good and were excited play. Hurricane Ike rained them out last week. Then it was time to get ready for scrapbooking with some of my girlfriends at noon. We have a rule that husbands and children are not allowed to stick around during this event if at all possible. Since it was at my house this round, Brian and the girls had to find something to do. They ended up going down to Arlington to see his Mom and sister. It worked out good because his Mom had some honey-do things for him to do and the cousins love playing together. And my friends and I had a great time scrapping. As usual, Alma got a lot done, Deena got the next most done, and Meredith and I bring up the rear with the least done. It's always the same! But it's okay, we always have a great time. I'll see them all next weekend too for Jack's 2nd birthday (Deena's son). Then I had Brittany lined up to babysit the girls so Brian and I could have a date night. We RARELY do this, but every once in a while, we really need it. We went to the Movie Tavern for the VERY 1st time, and we LOVED it!! We saw Lakeview Terrace and it was pretty good. But we really liked the concept of eating dinner while watching the movie and then mid-way through, we ordered dessert. And the prices weren't any more expensive than going anywhere else. We went to the one on Hulen, which seemed pretty new, so it was real nice. Brittany brought her "friend" Justin with her to babysit and they seemed to have a good time with Ashleigh. They only had to deal with Addy for 30 minutes before putting her to bed. We're such party animals and stayed out until 10:30...LOL!!! Then today Brian wanted to have the boys over to watch the Steelers/Eagles game, so he went to the store, bought lots of food for them, and me and the girls went to RC's to hang out and watch the game so the boys could watch the game without interruption (really, we were kicked out as a pay back for yesterday, LOL)! Then the girls got bathed, and now the Cowboy game is on and we are winning! Woo-Hoo!!

I'm sorry it had been almost a week since I've posted, but as usual, we've been very busy. Work has gotten more hectic me. I was selected with a few others out of our San Antonio office to work on a contract we were awarded by the Mobile division of the US Army Corps of Engineers doing NEPA work (National Environmental Policy Act for those of you who don't habla). We will be doing EAs (Environmental Assessments) on Army properties that were affected by BRAC 05. I'm sure you've heard of BRAC (Base Realignment and Closure)?!?!? Anyway, I won't bore you with an environmental lesson, the bottom line is that I'll be doing this new work on top of my Air Force work...busy, busy, but it's better than the alternative. I just had my anniversary with my company, so I'm hoping for a good review and a raise soon. I'll keep you posted on that!

The weather has been really nice here in the DFW area and that can only mean one thing...the air conditioning business has been REALLY slow!! Looks like another beautiful week coming up...mid to upper 80s for the high all week and sunny! I hope business picks up soon!

I have LOTS of video to share with all of you, I just need to finish the disk up so I can finalize it and convert the DVD to mpeg so I can post it. Right before we were leaving for Olive Garden on Friday night, PeyPey and Ash decided to go in the backyard and get in the sandbox...with about 6 inches of standing water on the top of it. Now, we have told Ash she MAY NOT play in that water because it is nasty. They were both ALL wet by the time we realized they were in it. Brian was acting all tough but laughing under his breath. When we asked them who got in the water first they both pointed at each other. It was really funny so I went and grabbed the video camera. I'll post that soon. And I still need to post Ash playing the violin and Addy's new trick of pulling up...in bed (driving me nuts!!)

Speaking of Addy, she's crawling good now and gets to where she wants to be in no time. The play yard I bought was an excellent investment, as it allows me to get my work done without chasing her down all day. Yet, it's big enough for her to crawl around and play. I can't believe she is 8 months old already! She has 8 teeth, she's crawling, pulling up, eating cheerios and Puffs, saying "MaMa" and "hi", and is a very happy baby. I'm just so proud of my girls! We're working on "DaDa" but she can't seem to spit it out.

Well, we have another busy week ahead, but I promise to post more. Sleep Tight!

3 comments:

The York Family Blog said...

Well, it's about time! ha Post the videos already. You have been saying that for 2 weeks. That really was funny about the girls with the baby pool/sandbox. Too funny, but not funny that we had to clean them up. Addy and Ash really are too precious! I love them both dearly.

JESSICA said...

Date night sounds wonderful! Good for y'all!
VERY impressive that Addy is saying "mama". The "m" sound is a hard sound for children to make. They usually start with "baba" or "dada." Way to go, Addyson!!!!! I'm proud of you, sweet girl! Addy does love those real foods. She'll be eating burgers in no time!
Can't wait to see those videos...

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! The pool tale was too cute! Will enjoy the videos! Love hearing all about you guys! Love, Auntie S