Sunday, September 7, 2008

Go Cowboys!!

The Harris' decided it would be a good idea for me to give Brittany's senior pictures a shot. So we headed out to the Botanical Gardens in Grapevine this morning. We were there 2 hours and got some really good shots, or I think so anyway. There are so many beautiful places out there to get great pictures. Here are a few unedited shots from our session. Let me know what you think:









I took 238 pictures, so naturally, this is just a small sample. I still have to edit them all, but I hope the Harris' like them and can save some money by using these as her casual shots. She had her official cap and gown pictures and others made through the school.
We went to Dad's for a little while after that for lunch and swimming. Then home for the Cowboy game...Yup, they won!! Woo-hoo!! They looked pretty darn good too!! Overall, though, I really sucked it up this week in the Football pot. Oh well, there is always next week! Yes, I like to make a little wager here and there, but I always lose so I don't know why I do it year after year. It's fun.
We got awoken at 5:00 am Saturday morning by one of our employees that one of the service vans was broken into in front of his house. Of course, this was Brian's van and ALL of his tools of the trade were stolen: his tool bag with all of his hand tools, 3 drills, several meters, 4 sets of gauges, bag of duct tools, electrical saws, and the list goes on and on. At 1st estimation, we think about $11,500 worth of tools and materials were stolen. We both literally felt sick to our stomachs and I immediately got a headache. Ugh, I know that's why we have insurance, but what a pain! And I think our deductible is really high, so we'll be out quite a bit. That just pisses me off.
Brian and I just watched the U.S. Open...what a great Women's final. I'm glad Serena won, she is back in the #1 seed after like 6 years of not being #1. That's pretty amazing. That Jancovic chick is freakin' weird!! They were interviewing her during the awards ceremony and she was thanking her drivers and everyone else under the sun while she grabbed the microphone out of the interviewer's hand. And then she was like "how much was my check" when they were in the process of giving Serena her trophy...poor sportsmanship!! Weird chick!!
BB10....GO DAN!!! Definitely my favorite for the past several weeks! He is so smart and so funny!! It's down to the final 4 and Renny got the boot last Thursday. I was sad for her, she is so funny. I really cracked up when Dan and her would get into their little spats. Too funny!
We lowered Addy's crib a notch since she is starting to pull up on her railings. I don't think she likes it because she has been a bit cranky at bedtime ever since. She kept hitting her head on the wood, so we had to put her bumper pads back in. I didn't want her to be able to use them as a step up, but we'll just lower it again if it comes to that.
I cut Brian and Kevin's hair tonight....fun times! I only do cuts that require nothing but clippers. They get worried when I break out the comb, LOL!!!
Goodness, 11:00, time for bed! Sleep Tight!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about that breakin! Time for junk yard dog to sleep in the truck, LOL at the mental pic of the jerk! The pics are GREAT! Love the one where Brittany is laying on tummy with bare feet behind, & the head shot at the tree is the best! Agree about tennis, great match, great winner & chick is so into herself! BBwas FAB, love Dad too but Memphis is well liked by jury! Just so Jerry doesn't win! Miss Renny! Love, Auntie S

JESSICA said...

Great pics, Andi! I'd love to see all of them - really. Fine job!
We must go there for more pics in the Fall!!!
Still can't believe that all of Brian's stuff was stolen - such a shame that people have to resort to theft. Why can't we all just get along??

The York Family Blog said...

That was a very A.D.D. type blog. You did cover a lot in it though. hehe

Anonymous said...

That one close up with me on the bridge and me wearing my green shirt... you KNOW that I hated that picture, and you put it on here anyway. hahaha. Of course, just in spite of me =]
But other than that, I love them! Thank you so much Andi.. I can't wait to see the rest of them when you are done editing them! =]
-Britt