Friday, September 26, 2008

Music Monday

We just got back from Violin lessons a little while ago. RC and I have been taking turns driving since Sydney has piano lessons at the exact same time. It was nice how that worked out for us. It was my turn to drive his week and it's in Keller, during rush hour, so it takes us a good 30 minutes from door to door, especially with the time it takes to get Addy out of the car and in the stroller, etc. Anyway, it's definitely going to be a slow process for Ash to pick up on these things...the theory just keeps adding on, and she's still trying to remember last week's stuff, etc. But it doesn't really matter, the important thing is that she's doing it and she's developing her musical brain. We're really trying to not get frustrated when she gets so frustrated, but it is hard. Luckily, Brittany came by today and she helped me decipher some of this stuff, because remember, I have never had music lessons, so this is foreign to me too!

We had a good weekend...tee-ball game on Saturday and then not much of anything the rest of the day. Brian was looking forward to driving the 18-wheeler for the band to go to the percussion competition, but unfortunately, the truck rental company didn't get the paperwork processed in time for them to rent a truck. Maybe another time...I know he misses driving a truck sometimes. Then on Sunday, Brian ended up having to work...long story, but he wasn't supposed to be working. Let's just say I am VERY disappointed in one of our employees. Me and the girls went to Jack's (Deena's son) 2nd birthday party. We had a nice time and Jack was just too cute opening all of his presents. It was at a park in Colleyville and they had baby swings so Addy got to swing for the very 1st time. I have some great pictures, but my camera USB cord isn't working, so I'll upload them soon when I get a new one. After the party, we swung by my Dad's house real quick to say hello since we were so close anyway. It was a nice little visit, but we couldn't stay long because Addy was going on NO nap and she was getting cranky, fast!

Here are a couple videos from several weeks ago that I've been wanting to share. This 1st one is of Addy giggling...I thought it was cute, but I realize everything she does is cute. The 2nd one is Ash walking into her classroom on the 1st day of school. Such a Big girl! That's her teacher, Mrs. Roberts...so far, we adore her!


I hope you enjoyed those! We really need to use the video camera more, because I love going back and watching these and being able to share them with you. The date stamp of this blog is WAY wrong...I started uploading these last week, I think, but it's really Monday, September 29th at 9:10 pm. Sleep Tight!

3 comments:

The York Family Blog said...

A blog! OMG! Could it be! I love the videos. I am going to have to come see Addy tomorrow. I miss her.

JESSICA said...

Baby giggles are so contagious - what a cutie! Ash actually looks a bit nervous, but I'm sure that was over with in 2.5 seconds. :)
Just to clarify to everyone - the employee that Andi is upset with is not me or Ally!
Thanks for blogging!

The York Family Blog said...

OMG! update your blog already, slacker!