Thursday, October 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Honey!





Today is my lovely husband's 33rd birthday. We didn't have a big celebration today but I wanted his birthday day to be special for him. I took a long lunch today and me and Addy went shopping to get him a few gifts: Nike's, shorts, and 3 shirts. Then we went to the grocery store to buy some things for dinner and cupcakes. Brian didn't want anything in particular for dinner since he had a late estimate, so I took matters into my own hands and chose to make beef fajitas. I can't even remember if I've ever made fajitas, but if I have, it's been a looooonnnngggg time! Ashleigh helped me make the cupcakes and she was so excited to be the helper! Everything turned out pretty good and he seemed to enjoy it all. I invited the Harris' over for cupcakes since they live right down the street and I wanted more than just me and Ash singing "Happy Birthday" to him. It was nice!

I am taking off tomorrow for my Columbus Day holiday. Yes, I know Columbus Day has come and gone, but I had to work that day to get monthly reports out. Luckily, our company's policy is that you can take your holiday anytime in the month that it occurred. I would have rather waited until Halloween to take it, but naturally, monthly reports will be revving up again at that time. I'm going to try to go eat lunch with Ash if Addy's schedule works out for it. I would love to go get a mani/pedi, but I don't have anyone to watch Addy...hey Ally, whatcha doing tomorrow? LOL!

Lorena came today...ahhhh, a clean house! I tell Ashleigh that the house has to stay clean for at least 10 minutes after Lorena leaves...I think we actually made it to the 11 minute mark...Progress! :-)

It should be a pretty busy weekend ahead. Brian is going to drive the SHS Band's 18-wheeler to their competition in San Antonio. They're leaving Saturday morning and will be back on Sunday. We have to be at the tee-ball fields by 8:00 Saturday morning for team and individual pictures. Then a game at 9:00. Ally and Susan's purse party at 2:00. And I'm pretty sure we're going to dinner with Brian's Mom when he gets back into town on Sunday to celebrate his birthday with her and Katie.

Other than that, that's about it. Have a GREAT weekend. Sleep Tight!

4 comments:

Rae Carol said...

Happy Birthday Brian!!! 33 such a baby!! So glad he is driving the truck this weekend. i could tell he is really excited about it. Y'all have a fun weeekend!!

The York Family Blog said...

lol! How funny...because I was going to see what you were doing at oh...about...1pm. ;) I'll call you tomorrow and maybe we can work something out. Happy Birthday brian! I can't believe we weren't invited for cupcakes!!! My feelings are sooo hurt! Oh yeah...I was WORKING! Whatever..you better have saved me one.

JESSICA said...

Happy Birthday, Brian! He just told me that the fajitas were good.
I'm SO envious of your getting a mani/pedi. Okay, so maybe you deserve it. :)
See ya in the morning, bright & early...

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Brian! By the time I realized that you posted it was Friday. Have a great weekend. :) J