Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Most of you know, Halloween is a big thing in our neck of the woods. It really is Brian's favorite day of the year and he and the brothers-in-law always go out of their way to scare the neighborhood children. This year is going to be not only scary, but VERY loud! If any of you have ever fallen victim to Brian's trash can contraption, imagine 6 of them! I'm going to attempt to get video of their haunted doings and then I'll upload to the blog. Of course, I'll have lots of pictures to share!

We're also celebrating Brian's birthday tonight with RC's famous lasagna, I'm making the slata (lebanese salad), and naturally Ally gets away easy with garlic bread and green beans. It should be a good time. RC said the kids at school were already talking about it and looking forward to it.

Ashleigh got a color change yesterday...that's 2 so far this 6 weeks, 4 weeks in. So that means no citizenship award again this round. Oy...she said Connor was talking to her and saying funny things and she tried to ignore him. Whatever, apparently she didn't try hard enough! RC has said Conner is a little trouble maker and Ashleigh giggles at him all the time....GREAT! Grrrr!!

Mom is STILL in the hospital. She will hopefully come home today. They took the drainage tube out of her kidney this morning, but left the one in her stint/urethra. If the draining doesn't slow down she is heading for another surgery...which what does that mean? Yup, you guessed it...another hospital stay. Poor Mom, she can't get comfortable in that bed anymore. We really do appreciate all of your prayers for Mom, please keep them coming through this hurdle!

I'm a little frightened about the Cowboys this week...we play the Giants, and if I need to remind you, they are the defending Super Bowl Champs....and if I need to remind you....Romo is still out. This is not a good scenario. Plus my Man, Jason Witten is injured (ribs) and we don't know if he'll play, not to mention a whole host of other players that have been injured. It could be ugly, but I'm trying to be optimistic. My 'Boys could use a little prayer too, if you don't mind! :-)

Ashleigh's last tee-ball game of the season is tomorrow. It'll be nice to have a break from that. I am thinking of putting her in dance or something similar for a while to see if she likes it. Of course, Peyton's soccer game is at the same time again so we will miss it again. PeyPey's last game is next week, so we will definitely go to that one even though it is at 8:freakin30 in the morning. Oh well, I can't let my PeyPey's whole 1st season go by without going to see her. I'll be sure to take pictures too, because Ally's pictures of her playing (or sitting, LOL) really suck! It looks like she is taking them from the parking lot or something, they are so far away!

Okay, I must get back to work...I usually try to blog on Thursday night, but last night was too busy, hence the mid-day post!

I hope you all have a safe and Happy Halloween.

2 comments:

The York Family Blog said...

Gee...sorry I don't have a supersonic lense like ya'll do. I have a normal camera for normal people. ha Peyton would like you guys to come to her game next week. Hopefully, she will make it worth your while, but I'm kinda doubting it. ha

Anonymous said...

Love your blog & looking forward to pics! Praying for your Mom. Love, Auntie S