Sunday, October 12, 2008

Ohhh, My 'Boys

Oh, my Cowboys disappointed me today. One mistake after another. I thought we would be able to pull it out in the end, but their damned Special Teams got us again! grrrrr!! But on a happier note, The Longhorns beat OU...WOO-HOO!! And the Saginaw Rough Riders won too! Plus, Brittany's band got 2nd place in their competition this weekend. I was hoping for the weekend to end on a winning note, but I guess you can't win them all. At least the Redskins lost too.

Ashleigh had another rough afternoon on Saturday. She had a double header tee-ball game which she handled really well. They all started dropping their energy level by the end, but nothing that wasn't expected. Then we had to rush home and get her ready for the StarSteppers clinic that she wanted to attend. This is the Drill Team at SHS. So we make it there on time, I get her registered, pay my $30, pay an extra $2 for her to get a picture with a StarStepper, and she was happy and excited. Let me back up a little...she did say before we left that she was tired, but that she did want to still do it. So after we got her picture taken, we walk into the gym where the clinic is and everyone is gathering and Ash looked around and just started bawling and said she didn't want to do it. I was horrified on so many levels and everyone started staring at us. Thank GOD she didn't throw up. But these 3 really sweet girls came over and said "she can hang out with us" and Ash wouldn't even look at them. I wanted to start crying so badly for my daughter that she was that scared. I was really hoping there would be at least 1 familiar face there for her...Sydney had done the morning session. So then 2 Starsteppers came over and tried to talk to her...again, she wouldn't even look at them. So by now they are all sitting in a big circle to get started and I start walking to the circle and since Ash is buried in my side, she came with me, but WOULD NOT sit in the circle. The 2 Starsteppers asked her to sit down OUTSIDE the circle, so she did do that. Finally, I told the 2 girls that I was leaving because she would do better if I wasn't there, but I stayed where she couldn't see me to make sure she was okay. After about 1 minute, she joined the circle, so I left. Welllllll, about 30 minutes later I got a phone call....yup, it was the StarSteppers clinic people saying she didn't want to be there, wouldn't participate, and that I should come get her. Geesh! She has been doing soooo good lately with her lack of shyness, but I think her tiredness, coupled with not knowing a single soul there, just made her buckle. I was really sad for her and I think it will be difficult for her to watch the girls perform before the game on Friday, but you know, I guess it's all a lesson.

Today, my Mom wanted to take Sydney, Ashleigh, and Peyton to lunch and the movies. They went and saw that silly looking Beverly Hills Chihuahua. They enjoyed it...better them than me! ha!

I'm supposed to be off work tomorrow for Columbus Day, but I have so many monthly reports to do that they were calling me at the football game on Friday night asking where they are. Well, I can not review them until the Task Order Managers submit them to me. Since then, our Program Manager has been calling the Task Order Managers to get them submitted, so now I have 3 to review. It's okay, our policy is that we can take our Holiday on another day in that same month. No biggie...I didn't have anything going on anyway. I'll take my Holiday to either go to the State Fair during the week, or maybe on Halloween.

Alright, here are some pictures from the weekend. Sleep Tight!

Jessica and Jaydon:

Brian working 1st base with Ash ready to run:

Addyson cheering on her sis:

Oma and Addy:

4 comments:

The York Family Blog said...

Ohhhhh...Ash....I love you! You are a special girl. Poor baby. Too much in one day, I guess. Peyton was a toot after her double header...just too much.
That's a good pic of uma and addy.

JESSICA said...

Ahhh, poor Ash. Hopefully next time, Sydney or Peyton can go with her.
Sorry about those Cowboys. Jaydon said after the game was done, "Dad, I think that blue team needs a little more practice."
It cracked us up.
Hope you get your day off soon!

Anonymous said...

You poor thing! You sure tried to get Ashleigh to try but you're right; she learned a lesson & she looks so cute in her t-ball uniform! Addison & Oma's pic is really good! Love, Auntie S

Rae Carol said...

Ashleigh, Ashleigh....just can not do 2 tee ball games and then go dance your head off with the Starsteppers. Imagine that!!! She will do the one in the Spring with Sydney and hopefully Peyton too. It is all good. Wish y'all were going to the fair tomorrow. I guess work is more important.