Monday, October 6, 2008

My Poor Baby

Well, Ashleigh has had a rough time since Friday. Her school day ended Friday with a DOUBLE color change, yes, you heard right, a DOUBLE color change...from green to orange and then orange to yellow. That means she should lose some recess time. I'm not sure if she has or not. But on our end, it meant she wasn't allowed to go to the football game. Ash LOVES going to the football game, so this was a big punishment. Plus she had a LONG timeout, a spanking, and a stern talking to. This was all done by Brian because I went on to the football game. I was just so disappointed with her. Oh, her color changes were because of 1) talking when not supposed to 2) not completing her work after being told repeatedly to finish it.

Then on Saturday, she did good at her tee-ball game, so no problems there. But we went to Kaileyanna's (her cousin) birthday party at the roller skating rink and no sooner we got her skates on, she was on the floor, hitting the outside corner of her eye on the corner of the table on the way down. Before Brian could even peel her off the floor, she had a HUGE knot on her eye with a big ol' bruise on it. And the crying, my GOD, the crying! I didn't think she would ever stop. They gave us ice to put on it...huh, I didn't think the crying could get much worse. Boy, was I wrong! Ugh, it was just plain awful. The good news is that she didn't throw up...yes, you know Ash, so this was a bonus!!

Then today she had violin lessons (it was RC's turn to drive, thank goodness!!) and she apparently gave Ms. Lisa (her teacher) problems today. She kept telling her "No" and that she didn't want to play the music, she didn't even want to try. Grrr...I know she gets so frustrated, but Ms. Lisa was not at all amused or pleased with her attitude today. I just don't know, let's hope for a better day tomorrow.

Let's see, what else, got my hair done Saturday. Brian keeps asking me how come I didn't get it lighter. Geesh, it's already so light...I'm not a blond for goodness sakes! Maybe we'll add a little bit more highlights next time, we'll see.

The Cowboy game stressed me out a bit on Sunday. There was no excuse for the game to be that close against Cincinnati. So frustrating, but at least we pulled it out! But dammit, the Steelers won too, so the Steelers flag stays up at the Harris' house, ugh!

Hopefully we'll get to see Peyton play soccer the week after next. We won't be able to again this weekend because Ash has a double header. That should be interesting, it's hard to keep them focused for 1 game, much less 2, but we'll hope for the best!

We lost another patio furniture umbrella to the wind yesterday. We have lost so many umbrellas to the wind. This one completely sheered off at the table level. Damn, I really liked that umbrella!

Okay, I'm boring you. Here are some pictures:

Ash showing off her goody bag from the party, oh, and her black eye shortly after it happened!

Katie and the birthday girl!

Oma keeping Addy entertained while Momma got her groove on in the rink, ha! Yes, I'm sore!

Brian doing laundry, could that be right? WTF? But I'm not complaining, I had to do a double-take!

Pey and Ash after their bath (it was the only way to get Ash ready for bed last night since the York's were visiting)

This was today...think Addy is too big and strong for her chair? Luckily, those buckles are strong too! She wanted out so bad, but she thought it was funny!

Ash trying to keep Addy out of the coffee table drawers...time to do some MAJOR baby proofing!

A close up of Ash's eye today...it keeps getting darker and darker...it looks much worse in person.


You guys have a GREAT evening. Sleep Tight!

3 comments:

JESSICA said...

Poor Ashleigh...Hopefully she has a better week at school. You know that I can relate! I really think that sometimes, they are testing their limits and they are going through phases. It's not that they are intentionally being bad.
Her eye looks awful enough in the pictures - I don't know if I want to see it in person tonight.
Andrea L. Linder - what have I been telling you for nearly 2 months about that baby chair?? If Jacoby is coming out of it, why in the world would Addy not?? Like you sisters say - OY VEY!

Anonymous said...

My poor Ashey. I hope she is better now. I am disappointed that she is not liking her violin lessons. Maybe she will do better next week.

Addy is getting so big. Oy Vey, I want her to stay a baby. Mom

The York Family Blog said...

Oh Ashleigh! Poor baby girl! But at least she has been a trooper the last couple of days with the eyes. Addy is now and I think is gonna be a mover and a shaker. No time for the lovey stuff...she is going to want to be on the move all the time.