Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hey Peeps

I really don't have much to report today but thought I would check in. I've just been real busy with work, doctor's appointments, and staying cool. As both of my sisters have reported, it is like 250 degrees outside and it is a bit challenging to stay cool. To be honest, the heat does get to you after a while, but I do handle it much better than my sisters.

I rescheduled Ashleigh's appointment with the ENT from today until next Thursday. Both Brian and I were just too busy to take her. I know, bad parents. This is still from her ear drum rupture from last summer...it is not completely repaired, but as long as it shows improvement, she won't have to have surgery. If he sees that it's not getting better before it is healed, he will want to patch it. But so far so good and her hearing tests have steadily improved as well. Geesh, we're over a year dealing with this one! I pray Addy doesn't require as many trips to the ER as Ash has!

Went to Circle S tonight with the sisters and their families...12 of us. We're a growing group and the Harris' nephew, Tyler, is in town. I am quite full at the moment!

Ashleigh and her cousins, Peyton and Sydney, went to PopPop's today for a day of swimming and playing with some other kids. They had a GREAT time and PopPop even got Ash to eat a hot dog. That in itself is a miracle. I've never had luck getting her to eat a hot dog. The girl is just not much of a meat eater unless it is in chicken nugget or hamburger form.

Man, I always think a thousand things to blog about during the day, but I always draw a blank when I sit down at the computer. What's up with that?

I think Addy will be crawling soon...she gets up on those knees now. She needs a little more strength to hold up that "hefty" body and then that girl will be on the move.

Oh something funny...We were watching Big Brother on the DVR when we got back from dinner and when Steven got evicted Ash came up to me crying saying, "I don't want to watch Big Brother anymore" and I said "Why Ash?" and she said "because they are making Steven leave". That girl is so emotional sometimes and I thought it was so cute that she got sad for him. I don't know where she gets that from!

For all of you travelers out there...my sister Rae Carol has started her own travel agency. She'll be doing it on the side until her client base grows large enough to do it full time. She has always had a passion for planning trips, getting cheap fares, etc. So please, if you are traveling anywhere, please give her a shout, it doesn't cost you anything in most cases and she's really good at it! Good luck, RC!!

Man, Hurricane Dolly is still going strong and it's been on land all day. It looks like we won't see any rain from her. Surprise, surprise!

2 comments:

The York Family Blog said...

You should have blogged about how Ash started crying because I was saying to Peyton that Pop Pop said she was a good girl. Ash cried.."Did Pop Pop say I was a good girl too?" Awww..I mean..crying....actual boo-hooing. She is very sensative but that is what makes her so precious.

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of your PopPop cause I tried to get the 2 boys this Summer too but no go! I did get the girls each for 2 weeks & LOVED it! Plus he can do it every week if he wants! I have to wait till Summer! Sorry so hot but thats good for your business? Wish Brian was here cause I noticed a stain on ceiling & the air unit is right above in attic. Uncle Richard checked & there is wetness under the black leg from unit. So our guy WAS coming today but DID NOT! Jackass! Love, Auntie S