Thursday, July 17, 2008

P-A-I-N-F-U-L

I don't have much to say tonight except that Dr. Cook hurt me today, he hurt me bad! I had that "pea" sized cyst removed from my back today. Well, it ended up being "lima bean" sized. Apparently, since the skin on our backs is naturally tough, cysts grow down into the tissue. Opposed to like your face where it grows out because the skin is soft and flexible. So the "pea" we felt was just the tip of it. He gave me 4 lidacaine shots to numb it which hurt like a mother f&%$ing b&%$h. But then the deeper he got, the more I was feeling it. He said "I know I'm hurting you because I see your toes curling"...THEN STOP!!! This went on for like 30 minutes. The sensation I had was like a pair of tweezers pinching chunks of skin off over and over. He still wanted to remove my mole on my belly and I about wimped out on that one, but he assured me it wouldn't hurt like the back did. He was right, just one lidacaine shot (very painful) and the rest I didn't feel. But to top it all off, since it was considered in-office surgery, my co-payment doesn't apply, it has to go toward my deductible. And since they couldn't predict how much the insurance company would pay, I had to pay the whole thing up front...$400. Give me a break! Thank goodness I have left over hydrocodone from my c-section for situations just like this. He said take Advil or Aleve...Yeah, right, that'll work. Anyway, back there next Friday to have the stitches removed. I have no idea how many there are and Brian won't remove the bandage yet to look. He said he will on Sunday.

Anyway, Sleep Tight!

4 comments:

The York Family Blog said...

O-O-U-U-C-C-H-H-H!!!!!

Meredith said...

Oh, Andi, I am so sorry to hear it was so bad. I hope you are feeling better today. Love ya, Mer

JESSICA said...

The joys of insurance...NOT! Maybe you'll get a reimbursement check in the mail soon?
I hope you are feeling better. The pain you describe sounds worse than the pain the day you try walking after a c-section - OUCH!
Did you take pictures yet? How'd they go???

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! You must think of your girls while you do this as they need their Mommy! I have an appt. to go to Dermy Dr. for a body inspection cause Unc Richard says I have some uggies on my back! Plus, I have pre-cancer on my face that needs spraying every so often which makes my face blister, turn black sores & peel! I was raised in the Sun! Love, Auntie S