Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Monday

I sure hope you all had a great weekend! Ours was pretty good. I got a bunch of laundry done on Saturday and straightened up a bit. Went grocery shopping. I ended up watching Nicki and Gannon for about 5 hours so their Mom and Dad could ride the motorcycle...their 1st babysitter backed out at the last minute. Ashleigh enjoyed them being here. Then we played poker that evening. Brian and I came out ahead by about $7-$8, so that's good.

I didn't leave the house at all on Sunday, which was kind of nice. Both girls took a nap at the same time and slept for like 3 hours...perfect opportunity for me to indulge in a little nappie, so I did. While we were napping, Brian rode down to his Mom's for a little while on his motorcycle. Me and the girls don't go down there much anymore because whenever I ask Brian if he wants us to go with him to visit, he says he would rather take his motorcycle. It's a good way for him to get a ride in and visit his Mom at the same time.

I've been planning Ashleigh's 5th birthday party. We're going to have it at Leapin' Lizards. It's an indoor bounce house place that has a 4-story playscape, giant slides, etc. Looks like it should be a good time for the kids. They even have a little arcade area. I'll keep you posted how it goes. I still need to make goodie bags for the guests and let them know which "theme" we want. Ashleigh keeps changing her mind. Her 1st intuition was "Princess" but she had that last year so I was trying to show her some of the other ones. Then she wanted "Hello Kitty", then "butterflies", then, well, you get the picture. I just want it to be perfect for her, and I'm sure she'll be happy with anything as long as she gets a goodie bag. The girl lives for goodie bags. When she makes up a song, it always has "goodie bags" in it. Too funny!

Ashleigh went over to Nicki and Gannon's house today. She had a great time and of course got McDonald's for lunch. I have a feeling Cathy spoils her a tad, but that's okay. I'm glad they got to spend some time together before school starts. Speaking of which, I saw on the sign at the elementary school today that "Meet the Teacher" night is August 21st. I'm nervous to find out which teacher she gets. I only had 1 recommendation for a teacher and that was to NOT get one of them (I won't mention names). So I decided to let fate take over and not request 1 teacher over another. What is meant to be, will be. I pray that she gets the right teacher to help her flourish and grow as a student. Ash will barely be 5 when school starts (her birthday is the 11th and school starts the 25th) so I worry about her keeping up at the same level as the other kids. I am sooo glad we sent her to pre-K, however, we will not hesitate to hold her back in Kindergarten if it is warranted. I pray that it isn't.

Addy has cut 2 more teeth yesterday or today for a total of 5 now. She's a tooth making machine! They don't seem to bother her too bad. More drool, a little bit more fussiness, but hardly noticeable. That's my good girl. I have an observation/comparison between my 2 girls: When Ash was a baby and it was nap/bed time, she would say to herself, "Oh, I'm in my bed, I need to go to sleep now". Addy says to herself, "Why am I in my bed? I must cry for a while to let them know I am in here by myself". Very interesting the personality differences in these 2 girls. I love both of their unique personalities very much!

Well, it's 8:50 and I better go give Ash a bath...she definitely played hard today. Sleep Tight!

2 comments:

The York Family Blog said...

I CANNOT believe Ash is going into Kindergarden!! I swear she was just 18 months old and hanging out with me! 4 teeth! My gosh..she's averaging like 2 a week! These girls..they kill me how they keep getting older!

Anonymous said...

You go Miss Ashleigh! The World is yours now! God bless Addy's new teeth! Kiddies grow SO FAST! Love, Auntie S