Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Ashleigh had a great time at Nicki and Gannon's house today. Cathy said all 4 kids behaved well and got along just fine. Hmmm...I wonder how honest she was being. She was so brave and took them to McDonald's AND the grocery store! I am impressed. When I had all 4 kids I stayed in and ordered pizza! Well, I guess I had 5 kids because Addy was here too. But still!! I'm glad Ash had fun, they don't get to have play dates very often, so it was nice for her to get out of the house. Oh, and I guess I benefited from the peace and quiet too! ha!

Work was pretty hectic today. Just as I was settling into my "easy" day today, my task manager emailed and asked if I could totally re-do a SOW (statement of work for those of you who don't comprende) that was all screwed up. The girl that was working on it went on vacation and left it in horrible shape - wrong format and version - amongst other problems. I had to start it over from scratch. Oh, and of course in true Air Force fashion, it was due today. Anyway, it all got done and just in the nick of time! Now on to my new project, a whole package due July 8th...with a holiday in there! Oh, and monthly PSRs (project status reports for those of you who don't comprende, ha!) are due in a few days! But I am not complaining...I am so blessed to be able to work at home and care for my children. It's challenging, but I wouldn't change a thing!

Tomorrow is Saginaw Water Park day. I'm glad Ash will get another day out and about. Thank you RC for inviting her along!

So RC started her scrapbook today. I found this out by reading her blog today. I thought she wanted me to help her get started and show her a few things. Apparently I was wrong. What's up with that? I would love to scrap with her, but I guess her and Sydney are going to do it together. My feelings aren't hurt, really. No, really, I'm fine, she doesn't need me to help her. Seriously, it's all good. I'm okay, don't worry about me. hehehe!

Well, to wrap up this evening, I have decided to pull out some old pictures since I have taken any lately. These are from our trip to Germany during Christmas 2002. Oh, and I was about 1 month pregnant with Ashleigh and sooo sick the whole time we were there. This 1st one cracks me up, it was our first time to see the Mercedes smart car.



How beautiful is this?



If I remember right, this is the Olympic Stadium.



We took a horse and carriage ride to one of the castles.



Me at the Christmas market doing a little shopping.



Us with Brian's Mom, Margarete, in front of one of the MANY beautiful backdrops of Germany.



It was a trip we will never forget and it was the last time Brian got to see his Grandmother before she passed away.

Sleep tight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful photos & memories!
Love, Auntie S