Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sore Finger Nails

Oh man, my finger nails are so sore. Most of you know what I've been doing tonight since it's the eve of Independence Day. That means a night filled with cooking potato salad. It wasn't so easy either, both of my thumb nails broke real short and I use them to peel the cooked potatoes (if I use a peeler on cooked potatoes, I lose too much potato). Anyway, because of that it took forever to peel 10 pounds of potatoes...yes 10 pounds! I started cooking the potatoes at 4:00 and I just got finished at 10:45 tonight. Such a pain! But Brian is very proud of his wrapping job...I was just going to foil the bowls, but he insisted on using saran wrap because it is air tight. Well, he used a whole roll and part of another...he has called his wrapping job "flavor-lock". My hubby cracks me up. I hope everyone appreciates the "flavor-lock"!! Yes Jessica, I put some aside for you! :)

Anyway, I am so thankful for the 3-day weekend, it is much needed. Though, I fear I will be working at some point this weekend. I have a project due the 8th and I still have a lot to do. I hate to take the chance of not having it done and I pride myself on not requesting help to finish my work. We'll see what happens.

In the morning we are going to take the girls to the 4th of July parade in Lake Country. Ally and her other realtor buddies are in the parade and she wants us to go. Ash will enjoy it...mainly because of the candy they throw to the kids. Then I hope to stop somewhere to get a new flag, ours was so shredded it was a disgrace, so we took it down. But I hate not having one up for July 4th, so we will stop and get a new one. Surely Wal-Mart will be open or something. Then we'll head to Dad's for our annual celebration.

Sydney is heading to Washington D.C. tomorrow morning to visit with her Aunt Carrie, Sherry, and cousin Tyler for a few days. She is flying with Sherry but standby with one of my Mom's passes. The flights look pretty good going up, but I'm nervous about her getting home...there are like 18 seats available now but it's still 4 days away. Hopefully they won't get booked so she can fly home with Sherry. Please say a prayer! I hope they all have a good time together. It's going to be weird not having Syd with us on July 4th :( But she is very excited!

Ash spent the night with Sydney last night. It was a last minute decision when Kevin came over to get a haircut and Syd came along. Syd called her Mom and asked if Ash could spend the night and she said sure. So of course they both begged me if it was okay, so I eventually gave in after I made them sweat it out for a little while. Naturally Ash didn't want to come so RC took her with them to run some errands. RC bought her a bra and matching panties...it has the Little Mermaid on it with polka dots. Ash is kind of bra obsessed for some odd reason, she has been wanting one for a while. She's sleeping in them right now. If she only believed me how she'll despise them later in life. OY!!

Here are some more old pictures, these are of Ashleigh that my friend, Alma, took for me.
At Alma's house when she was a little over a year old:
Same day at Alma's, different outfit after a minor diaper explosion:
Also at Alma's when she was about 5-6 months old, I think:
At our Christmas party, she was only 4 months old. The blond is Deena and Alma is in the stripes:
Ash's 1st birthday...look at those pearly whites and those blue eyes (that she had until she was 3 then they turned green overnight!
Oh, it's after midnight, Happy July 4th everyone! Have a safe and fun weekend! Sleep Tight!

3 comments:

JESSICA said...

Thanks for saving me some potato salad - I will devour it!
Sore finger nails just means time for a mani & pedi!
Ashleigh is so adorable! I love the old pictures - keep them coming.
Ash still insists on calling me "Aunt Jessica" since she got used to calling her real Aunt Jessica that while she was here visiting. I tried explaning to her the other day on the car ride home from the Greenwood's house that I wasn't really her Aunt, but she wasn't having it. Jaydon even tried telling her that I wasn't her Aunt. She's so sassy that when we got out of the car at your house, she says, "Bye Aunt Jessica" and then laughs.
Sweet, sassy girl! :)

The York Family Blog said...

That story Jessica says in her comments and her sassyness is so funny. Typical Ash. The potatoe salad was yummy! Thanks for coming to the parade. I thought it was fun.

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th to you all!
Love, Auntie S