Thursday, July 24, 2008

Telecon From HELL

I had a conference call earlier today and it was disastrous on my end! I had tested my mute button with Brian before it started. Well, after being on mute for a few minutes it got all fuzzy and all I heard was dead air. I thought it was the conference call telephone system because it’s one of those with a call in number and when you get on, the computer introduces you. So I called back in and they are all talking like nothing happened. That’s when I realized it was my phone. So of course the darn phone introduced me AGAIN. So then I use the mute button on the handset instead of the base…same damn thing happened. So I had to call in AGAIN!!! They probably thought I was crazy! Then someone’s cell phone rang loud…they probably thought it was me, the crazy lady. Then Brian came in to pick up a package he needed and as soon as he left Addy started crying because she wanted him to stay…keep in mind, I can’t use my mute button…so I had to close the office doors on her…I could still hear her, so I had to just put the phone down and go put her to bed. Then the unthinkable (WARNING, TMI coming up!!!)…I had to go #2 sooooooo bad! Like painfully bad!!! I did what I could (i.e. letting air out, shifting my position, etc) but it had to come out. I just knew if I left the phone in the office while I went, someone would ask me a question or they would talk about the site I needed info on, so I took the phone with me praying it would not make the “explosion” sound, because keep in mind, I can't use the mute button or I'll get disconnected!! I got so lucky there, it was nice and silent…until my bladder decided it needed to be emptied too…I couldn't stop it. I just know you can visualize me wrapping a hand towel around the mouth piece! Oh well, hopefully they thought it was someone else! Yeah, right, I'm sure they knew it was crazy lady. Also, someone’s dog was barking really loud in the background…they probably thought that was me too. Oy Vey!! Yes, high ranking Air Force personnel were on this call. Oh, to top it off, toward the end of the call, someone dismissed himself and the telephone system said "so and so has left the meeting". So not only did it introduce me each time, yes, it announced that I'm an idiot!!

It's 10:35 and I finally finished working about 20 minutes ago. I have to meet a deadline tomorrow, but I also have to go get my stitches out. Busy, busy today!

I better get to bed! Sleep Tight!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been there-done that! LOL! Love it! People in the act of being themselves! The World according to Conference calls! Bless your heart! Love, Auntie S

Rae Carol said...

OMG!! Are you serious? Surely you are joking. That was pretty funny. That is too outrageous to believe!!

The York Family Blog said...

TMI! TMI! Really..you realize that poop story will be in print in a book...you dork!

JESSICA said...

Wow, that was way TMI there, Andi. It's okay - we all do it, so no worries! :)