Thursday, June 19, 2008

Addy Has Teeth

I keep forgetting to mention to all of you that Addyson finally cut two teeth in the same day. The two on the bottom front. It was funny because it was last week when we went to pick Peyton up to spend the night on Thursday, June 12th. Ally went around to Addy's side of the car to say "Hi" to her and Ally said "My goodness, Andi, Addy is drooling like crazy". And I said, "Duh, it's been like that for 2 months, hence the 24/7 bib" and then I didn't think anything of it until we got home and I noticed the drool literally POURING out of her mouth like a faucet. Checked her gums, and sure enough, there were her 2 little teeth cut through on the bottom. She wasn't really fussy or anything the day before or the day of them coming through, so I had no signs besides the major drool. My Big Girl is growing so fast!

We've had some thunderstorms come through this week. The 1st one that came through on Monday caused me a little stress and a near decapitation. I was sitting in my office and all of a sudden all of this debris was blowing around outside. Of course it was trash day and trash men hadn't been here yet, so there was trash cans, bags, dirt, just everything was blowing by in front of me. Then the phone rang and Brian said go check the patio cover/tent thingie (we had this up for the Lazy Race and like to leave it up for the summer because it is great shade in the summer months). As soon as he said it I just knew it was probably gone (that's how windy it was). As soon as I started walking back there I could tell it was gone. The wind picked it up and blew it up against the west fence...the legs were all sticking up in the air, metal was twisted and sheered off. The cover itself had holes in it from the fence. Anyway, so it was still really windy and it was blowing like a parachute, so I could not wrestle it down against the wind. So I had to start disassembling it right there as best I could. One leg that I managed to take off must have been supporting another portion of the metal frame because as soon as I let it free, the rest of it "jumped" or gave way and about took my head off. It scared the crap out of me! Anyway, I managed to get it all down, the neighbor across the creek (not the attempted dog killer, but the one next to him) saw me struggling with it and came over to help me. I thought that was really sweet of her...I was already done, but it was really sweet of her! There are still some good people left in this world.

Brian's sister, Jessica, is still here. I hope she is having a good time. I'm pretty sure she is bored out of her wits during the day while we are working. And I know she is tired of Ashleigh's cartoons in the morning. She goes home on Saturday...we are always sad when she leaves :( She's been sleeping with Ash in her bed...well, Ash had an accident yesterday morning and Jess found it by rolling right into it...face first! Lovely. I'm surprised she got back in bed with her last night! I'm going to have to call the doctor again. It's so frustrating!! She has had 2 accidents in the past 2 weeks after a few months of perfection. He had given her an anti-bladder spasm medicine...she started not having accidents 2 weeks after finishing that medicine...so now I don't know if it's wearing off or if it even contributed in the first place. We'll see.

Addy and Jess are still asleep...I'm going to have to go wake them up because Lorena (the cleaning lady) is here and will be ready to go into their rooms soon. I think I hear Addy stirring anyway.

Have a GREAT day...yes, I'm blogging in the AM...miracle!

3 comments:

JESSICA said...

YIPPEE, Addy! How cool!!
So Andi, do ya wanna go back to breast feeding that baby now? LOL!

The York Family Blog said...

My Addy...what a big strong girl she is. I don't think she will be wimpy like Ash is. I think she is going to be one tough cookie. ay

Anonymous said...

YEAH ADDY! I think that was what all that crying was about last month even if the DR. didn't, cause he said nothing was there!
Your storm story was funny but I don't think I'm supposed to think so! Jessica is a great gal! She will be a good parent some day! Or teacher!
Have a great day tomorrow!
Love, Auntie S