Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Short Weekend

I've said it before and I'll say it again...the weekends fly by so quickly. I am always so optimistic on Friday to get "my list" done, and then Sunday night arrives and I'm lucky to get one thing crossed off. Life just gets in the way of getting everything done, but that's okay, because that means I'm living life, enjoying my family, and trying to relax.

Saturday started getting ready to go to Noah's (my friend, Alma's son) 1st Birthday party. They live in Sunnyvale so we always have to start "early" when making the trek across the metroplex. I have to count backwards to figure out what time I have to wake up...party starts at noon, which means leave from Deena's by 11:00 (I always pit stop in Bedford to pick my friend, Deena, up), which means leave my house by 10:40, which means start getting the girls ready by 9:40, which means be out of bed by 8:30 to get myself ready. No problem, right? Well, I made a gross miscalculation somewhere because we didn't even leave the house until like 10:55 and I was determined to stop at Starbucks because I didn't allow time to eat breakfast at home. The wrench in my perfectly laid out schedule started when I realized I hadn't wrapped Noah's presents yet. Of course, for kids I have to actually wrap the presents since they enjoy unwrapping them...I prefer no gift bags for kids...even a one year old because they have to learn to like to unwrap presents. My exceptions are if I have bought something to awkward to wrap or if I have bought many gifts for one child and can get away with the gift bag on one or two of them. Anyway, not only did the wrapping slow me down, but my slow as molasses, eldest daughter who could not decide what to wear and decided to take her time getting that most perfect outfit put on. Yes, she is a little diva already. Not quite like PeyPey who will only wear dresses, just picky with what she picks out and then is very independent (and slow) in putting it on (of course, only when we're in a hurry. If I am busy working or something she miraculously can't get herself dressed...grrrr). Anyway, picked up Deena and Jackson (AKA Jack, Deena's son who will be 2 in September) and away we go. We were only 15-20 minutes late, so it was good. We had fun at the party, and the kids love seeing each other. I wish they could see each other more. And Ashleigh was a little bummed that Little Allie (Meredith's daughter) wasn't there. Now let me explain something about the food at Alma's little shin-digs...Alma is Filipino (for some of you, that might be enough said) and you may think the Linder's overdo everything, but let me tell you, the Linder's don't have anything on the Filipino community. There was literally enough food there to feed a small Army...hamburgers, hot dogs, spaghetti, egg rolls, shrimp, stuffed chicken, fried rice, baked beans, cheese cubes, grapes, Asian noodles, corn on the cob, and the list goes on and on. And when I list these foods, I don't mean a little bowl of each...there were vats of each...those big serving vessels with the burners under each of them. It's unbelievable. As people were leaving and carrying out grocery bags full of leftovers, there was still a TON of food left!! It was a nice time, and I love any excuse we have to get together with those girls. Happy 1st Birthday Noah!!

Brian and I were going to do our Anniversary celebrating that night, but I didn't get home until like 6:00 and Brian ended up having 6 service calls and got home about the same time I did. So we'll just do it another weekend...when Brian isn't on call. :)

I did get a little irritated with my sisters on Friday night, more Ally than RC. We were supposed to go to see Sex in the City with RC's friend, Susan. We were going to meet at 5:45 and then drive to North East Mall to meet Susan. Well, Brian got an emergency call and ended up being there for like 3 hours and didn't get home until around 7:30 or so. So I had told my sisters I wouldn't be able to make it because Brian wouldn't be back in time to watch the girls. Ally got so pissy with me like I was purposely cancelling and I guess she just wanted me to leave the girls at home by themselves or something. What was I supposed to do? I had no choice. She suggested I ask Brittany to watch them...well, Brittany does babysit for us occasionally but she is very uncomfortable babysitting them when they are babies, she's just not experienced with babysitting babies. Plus, we all know now that Addy cries due to probable separation anxiety and I knew based on what Brian had told me, that he wouldn't be back to relieve her anytime soon, if she was even available at last minute anyway. So I am just irritated about the whole thing. Whatever...I'll remember that next time she has to unexpectedly show a house and cancel on something...like when she made Steve take the girls to a carnival by himself because she got a call as they were walking out the door to go show a house. Grrrr!!

Today, was a lot of clearing of desks and then moving them to the new shop. You should see my home office now...my computer is literally on a folding table in the corner and everything else is on the floor. Needless to say, I have to go buy new office furniture....bummer :) I'm eyeballing this real pretty Christopher Lowell collection at Office Depot. It's like an off-white color with dark colored hardware...I need to go see it in person though. We have a 20% off coupon so it would be a decent price with the coupon. Anyway, the office in the new shop looks really nice. It's amazing what some paint, a clean floor, nice furniture, and some accents (greenery, rugs) can do to a place. It's not so "industrial" now and has a real warm feeling now. The bathroom still needs some work...the people in that space before us must have been real slobs...grease splatters and who knows what else splattered all over the walls! I hope Jessica will enjoy working there. We are lucky to have her working for us...she is very organized, responsible, reliable, dedicated, etc. I think this little "scenario" will benefit the both of us...she can earn a few bucks while still caring for her children. We still need to figure out how to handle her days off...Wednesday and Friday. I would love to say we'll just schedule Brian to be in the office those days, but during the summer that will be very hard and hopefully we will be too busy to let him be in the office. We were discussing scheduling him in the office on Wednesdays and maybe me on Fridays. I could do it by either doing both of my jobs from the new office or by looking into working 4-10 hour days so I could be off my main job on Friday. We'll see. In any event, I'll post a picture of the new office as soon as possible. Maybe I'll even post a picture of my folding table, ha!

Went to Circle S Catfish for dinner...yummy!!! No, I don't eat catfish (yucky) but they have real good food, and even better desserts. I passed on the desserts this evening. This was in the best interest of my "Biggest Loser" competition through work.

Oh, by the way, Addy seems to be feeling much better this weekend...no more crying episodes and not much of a cruddy nose. I need to rub her gums to see if I feel any teeth yet...I kept stopping myself today since we were moving so much, my hands were not clean enough. Jacoby, Jessica's son, is about to pop out his 1st 2 teeth, so I'm sure Addy isn't far behind.

My goodness, are you tired of reading this yet? It got a bit long, sorry about that. I hope you all have an incredible week...last week of school for RC, Britti, and Syd. OMG...my Britti will be a Senior this fall, I can't even believe it...one is finishing her last year and one is starting her 1st. My emotions are all over the place when I think of this!!

Sleep Tight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You neglected to mention that you make it a pattern to cancel, not show up to, or just plain say, "no, we don't want to". You're gonna be 60 one day, and wonder why the heck you didnt have a little fun in your life. Your perogative. But..whatever.

Anonymous said...

I missed seeing you, sorry you couldnt come with us, I had lots of fun. We need to get together more often all of us. I miss seeing you guys! We need to have the 4 of us be our little sex and the city 4 some and we can talk about all the raunchy stuff like they do. I am posting anonymous but its Susan Galindo.

Anonymous said...

Ok Girls, quit fighting. Andi, you do back out on a lot of events lately. I will assume that is because of the new baby. You always seem to have time for everything else, but not your sisters too much anymore. Just saying it seems that way.

I know I can't belive Ash will be in big girl school and Britti will be a Senior!! Oh my!!