Sunday, June 22, 2008

Scrapbooking Marathon

Me and 3 of my friends (Deena, Alma, and Meredith) had a great time doing our scrapbooking marathon. I got 6 layouts done (a couple of 2-page layouts and a few 1-page layouts) so I am pleased with what I accomplished. We stayed up until about 2:00 am scrapping and then I woke up at 8:30 and did another layout. We had A LOT of fun and I thank Deena for being an awesome host! I hope we can do it again someday. Here are a few pictures of the pages I did:






I did this one a few months ago, but thought I would share it since I like it so much:



My goodness, Brian is right, the pictures really don't do them justice. The "Diva" page is by far my favorite and by far the most fun to do. You really must see them in person. I really hope the girls treasure these some day. Ashleigh has looked at them many times already this evening, so it's probably safe to say she will love them. I have filled 3 whole books! Anyway, Addy didn't do so good while I was gone. Brian said she was very cranky and cried most of the afternoon. I'm not sure what it was, she was a little out of her routine because she had to skip a good nap when they took Jessica to the airport. But it could have been her teething or also separation anxiety from me. I hope it's not the latter, but she is around me 24/7 and it wouldn't surprise me. We shall see what the future brings. She was mainly pretty good today since I've been home. Ashleigh missed me too, it feels good to come home and have your daughter (who is a Major Daddy's Girl) throw her arms around you and tell you she is glad to see you. Awwww..made my heart feel good.

Man, you fellow bloggers out there...I checked all of your blogs before I started writing this and NOT ONE of you have posted!!! What's up with that? Slackers! hehehe, I know, I am too!! Sometimes life just gets in the way.

We went grocery shopping this evening...the prices are getting quite ridiculous. Oh, and then had to get gas right after that. Quite a checkbook butt whoopin' tonight!! We did finally use our $25 gift card to Albertson's that we won in the Chili Cook-Off, so at least that helped a little. But we still spent $175 and we didn't get that much stuff. Grrrrrr!!!

Jessica went home yesterday and we are all sad about it, especially Ashleigh because they were sleeping together and Ash really enjoyed having her here. I hope she had a nice Graduation party today with her Dad's side of the family. Did you Jessica? I know you read this at 11:00 every evening, so let us know via comment :)

Well, I hope you all had a GREAT weekend and I hope you have a FABULOUS week! I am sooo tired, Sleep Tight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for my "fix" as the girls (Russ's Jasmyn & Amber are here) & this is the first quiet minute! They are wonderful, talkitive gals; one 13 & one 10. Those scrapbook pages look great! So glad you had fun! Love, Auntie S