Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Yesterday was Father's Day and we had a real nice time. Apparently, I hadn't been to my Dad's house in quite a while as my Dad so lovingly pointed out. I'm pretty sure he keeps a chart or something when we do (or don't) show up. Anyway, my Dad ALWAYS wants us to cook him breakfast for Father's Day (we begged him to do lunch this year, but of course, he refused). So we went over to cook a late breakfast (our compromise was doing a late breakfast), the usual stuff...eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, and RC's famous "Pull Apart Cake" that everyone loves except for me. Anyway, breakfast was nice and then we all got ready to hop in the pool. We took some pictures first with Dad and each of us. Here's ours:

Brian and his 1st born on Father's Day:
In this one, Addy fell asleep before even hitting the water.
Addy and Aunt Jessica:
This is Addy's very 1st dip in the pool:



Addy absolutely loved being in the water. When we first put her in she whined a little, but after a few seconds she was just lounging away. She lounged the whole time we were in there, which was a good couple of hours probably. The boys and Jessica left to go play golf as we were going swimming. They had a tee time of 3:00...yes the hottest part of the day. It was like 98 degrees I think and they wanted some peace and quiet away from us. ha!
We took Jessica to Circle S tonight...yummy! I am soooo stuffed!
Both girls got baths while Brian and Jessica went for a ride on the motorcycle. Brian makes Jess get all decked out in the "safety gear" which is good, but they do look funny in it. Brian is the notorious "Safety Man" so Jess looks like "Safety Girl". I should take their picture next time for you.
My office is coming together, but I can't take a picture for you until Brian puts my hutch together. I've laid out the furniture in 2 different layouts, and I can't decide which one I like better. I'll keep you posted!
Let's see, what else? I always think of a million things to blog about during the day, but then when I sit down to blog about them, I can never remember...grrrr!!
I really needed to go grocery shopping tonight...didn't.
I really needed to clean the backyard from the Lazy Race...didn't.
I really needed to clean the inside of the house from the Lazy Race...didn't. Oh, but I did do the kitchen...I despise a dirty kitchen!
Alrighty then, I'm sure I'll remember all of the things I was going to blog about as soon as my head hits the pillow. Oh well. Sleep Tight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! Your pics w/Dad & all were great! I had to do the cooking for Unc Richard as those darn kids weren't here! I loved it, really! He loved it too! All three kids called him & Wendy sent gifts! She is Daddy's Girl! good lunk on the desk! Love, Auntie S

JESSICA said...

Love the pictures of the girls in swim suits! Too cute! :)
I bought my boys matching swim suits, (yes, I'm a dork) and I can't wait until they can wear them. The problem is...their mother doesn't want to be seen in a swim suit right now! BLAH!!!!!

Kandice said...

what sweet pictures!