Monday, June 2, 2008

Finally, Some Peace & Quiet

As much as I hate to admit it, I could not wait to put the girls to bed this evening, specifically Ashleigh. It's not her fault, but the poor girl is bored out of her wits. And when Ash is bored out of her wits, she talks my ear off. It doesn't matter how deeply involved I am with work, on the phone, or even going to the bathroom, she doesn't shut up!! Would it be too much to ask for their naps to land at the same time so that I have a good hour or two of QUIET?!?! Sometimes it works out that way, but not today. Ash is asleep, Addy is awake and jabbering. And vice versa. At least Addy's jabbering doesn't involve asking me a MILLION questions and is quite lovely. But Ash, oh Ash....Mama, what's your favorite snack? Why is the bug man spraying that stuff? What is his name? Why are you writing that? Who are you talking to? When are you getting up? Where is Daddy? Is Addy going to get big? Where is Sydney? When is PeyPey coming over? Anyway, you get the picture! I'm really not complaining, because if she's talking my ear off, that means she is healthy, happy, and here with me. I am blessed!

Ally and PeyPey came over for lunch today and brought us McDonald's. They stayed a couple of hours so the girls could play. Ally watched some show on Discovery about giving birth while I worked. Fun, fun!! Thanks for lunch Ally!!

Oh, we are ordering Atlantic City subs in the next few days since we won't be able to make it to the shore this summer. Anyone want in?

Went to Office Depot tonight to look at the office furniture I was eyeballing online. I really like it. Of course, my dear husband says it is cheaply made. It is more expensive than some of the others, because it is Christopher Lowell. But it's homey, and not so office-ish. He picked one out that looks nearly identical to what he just took out and moved to his office. I just don't think so. I want something different. Meanwhile, I will continue to use my tiny folding table until we can make a decision. It serves it's purpose.

Anyway, that's about it for now, Sleep Tight!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Look at the farmers tan on that boy! LOL

JESSICA said...

OMG - the sun is looking for the rest of his body!!! Too funny that I go to comment on that, and somebody else already has!

Anonymous said...

I got Ashleigh some of those bath time body paints she wanted. Just letting you know. Have a good day. :) Joy

Anonymous said...

Good God, tell that boy to put on a damn shirt!! That is just frightening!!

Anonymous said...

WOW, Mister Wonderful sure got a lot of comments! I think he looks wonderful w/his two beauties & very nice smile! You have a good looking hubby, Gal! The Ashleigh talking tale was too funny! Bless her heart! Hope you get the desk of your dreams; you earned it! Love, Auntie S

Anonymous said...

Yes, Please put a shirt on as I am getting all horny before bed time.