Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My First Movie

I finally got around to trying my hand at making a movie. Ally made it sound so easy, and it was for the most part. I had a few frustrating moments. Like when I spent a good amount of time uploading pictures to the Movie Maker software and then it wouldn't transfer them into the movie. It says you can upload from a CD but for some reason it wouldn't work unless it was from my hard drive. So I had to start all over and put the pictures in my hard drive first...grrrr!! Other than that, the actual movie making process was pretty straight forward until I tried to upload it...of course I kept getting an error, so I finally went to the "publish" function in the software and then it worked...OY VEY!! In any event, I hope you enjoy it! I'm going to burn a copy for each of the girls and put it in their individual scrapbooks somehow.

I don't have much to report from the last couple of days. Yesterday I hired Brittany to come get Ash and entertain her WITHOUT the TV for a few hours. So she took her back to her house, blew up the big water slide we bought last year and let her go to town for a while on that. Ally ended up taking PeyPey over there so they could play together with Sydney. They had a good time. Last night I had to go to the A/C office for a few hours to get us caught up on filing our sales tax reports, franchise tax reports, unemployment tax reports, and payroll reports. No, it's not easy running a business and they tax you to death! It's pretty ridiculous how much tax we end up paying. And we just received a bill for business property taxes for almost $4,000. Give me a break. It wears you down keeping up with it all. We didn't get home until almost 9:00 last night from doing all of that.

Peyton came over this morning for a couple of hours while Ally went to a meeting. Then we ate lunch (the girls had PB&J, Ally had Subway, and I ate leftover fried chicken from the Albertson's deli). Ally offered to take Ash back to her house so the girls could play. I reluctantly agreed because though Ash needs some play time, I didn't want to have to go pick her up. But I did. They had fun so it worked out.

Oh, speaking of Peyton, she FINALLY went to get her ear's pierced! YEA PEYTON!! If you remember, when Ashleigh got hers done Peyton chickened out. But she hasn't stopped talking about it. Finally 2 nights ago she told Ally she wanted to go get them and woke up the next morning without hesitation about doing it. So they took her to the mall and she did it. So brave! Good job PeyPey!!

The other day Ash and Pey had such an "Ally/Andi" moment. I was in my office working and I hear 2 slapping sounds right in a row and then just crying from both of them. So I walk in the living room and they are both just sitting on the couch right next to each other crying. I ask "what happened?" They both say at the same time "she hit me". So I ask "who hit first?" and of course they both accused each other. I just stood there and laughed. And I laughed even harder when my laughing made them cry louder and harder!! Too funny! Ash admitted later in the day that it was indeed, her, who hit first. I can't remember why.

Addy has been acting weird today...no appetite and just very wiggly and throwing her self backwards. I wonder if another tooth is working it's way out. I couldn't get a real good look this evening because she was so tired. It should be interesting to see what time she wakes up in the morning because she could not hang this evening and was in bed by 8:00. OY! Ash in bed by 9:00, Brian in bed by 9:30, hopefully I'll make it there by 10:30...I must switch the laundry.

Sleep Tight!

4 comments:

The York Family Blog said...

K...the video was...well...just ok. I see some amature mistakes in there. Your slides were too short..you picked the wrong transitions for sure. I am going to have work with you on this, Andi. But overall...I will give it a C+ for your first effort. LOL

Anonymous said...

Haha..well I liked your video it was pretty good for being your first one :) I miss you guys very much and I was an hour late reading this :( oh well I will start commenting since you care so much about your comments and since this is actually gonna be book. I hope Addy starts feeling better and kiss the girls for me I miss them very much :)

Jess

Meredith said...

Andi, I thought it was great. You will have to show me how to do one some day. I still can't figure out how to do the video thing like you have so I am sure it will take me a while to learn. Mer

JESSICA said...

I totally loved the video! Great job!
I hate to be the bearer of bad news Mom, but aside from the new born shot, Ashleigh & Addy do not look alike anymore. I think they will continue to change as they grow...which is great! They can be individuals.
Nice job! Thanks for the 3-minutes of entertainment!