Thursday, June 5, 2008

When I Grow Up...

I would really like to be a photographer. I am so thankful to my husband for buying us this camera. We are having a lot of fun with it. We are determined to take a photography class during our slow season next year! We've taken a million pictures, but today was the 1st day I decided to get out the black background I had bought and snap a few pictures. It was a great opportunity because Ally bought Ash and PeyPey the same dress when she took them to Sam's the other day (yes, Sam's has some really cute kid's clothes and Ash guilted Ally into buying her one since she was buying PeyPey one, and they were only $10!!) Anyway, I thought the dresses were adorable and would really "POP" against the black background. My subjects listened pretty well to what I was asking them to do, and here are the results:



I LOVE this one, because it's not posed and typical "them" while they are playing:



My goodness, my little Kindergartner:



Addy was asleep during Ashleigh's and Peyton's photo shoot, so I got these later:



Addy has been playing with her feet a lot for the past few days, so I was trying to capture that. Of course, she wouldn't do it with the camera in her face:



So please give me your honest opinion...good and bad. I need constructive criticism and really hope to improve. There is so much stuff this camera can do that we haven't figured out yet, it'll just take time.

Anyway...I'm still using my little folding table as a desk. I can't really find anything I like that is of good quality and is half way affordable. I would really like the office put back together before the Lazy Race next Saturday.

I got back a little while ago from Brittany's Piano Recital. She did REALLY good and I am always so proud of her and everything she has accomplished with her music. I have been to every one of her piano recitals since she started when she was 8 (I think 8). Sydney fell asleep in the middle of it. It was the last day of school so I guess she was dead tired from all of the excitement.

Brian took the girls with him to Ally's to help them fix their fence. It has been extremely windy today and one of their panels blew down. It's been so windy that there are power outages around town and everything.

Since RC is out for the summer after tomorrow, she said she is going to take up blogging too once I give her a lesson. In her own words, she is a "technotard". Too funny. She actually started one like a year ago, but didn't keep up with it because she didn't know how to do stuff with it. I'm not the most technically advanced person, but I figured this thing out all by myself. It's pretty self explanatory once you get into it and have a little time to mess with it. She also ordered a big scrapbooking kit so she can start scrapping. I'm very excited about this. Her kids are already older, so she has A LOT of catching up to do! ha! She'll definitely have to stick to the highlights. I have a date with my friends (Alma and Deena) to scrap this weekend. Unfortunately, Meredith won't be able to make it, but we totally understand because it is her son, Austin's, 1st birthday. I'm also trying to get Jessica to start scrapping too. Hopefully I will be able to scrap more once my office is half office, half scrapping room!

Ash wants me to go scratch her back...spoiled! Sleep Tight!

2 comments:

JESSICA said...

Love the pictures! Great camera, beautiful children, creative photographer! What more do you need? With a class or two, you will be all set to go full-time baby! :)

Anonymous said...

Those pics are FAB! Love the girls not posed the best; they look like see no evil, speak no evil...! The Addy ones are sweet but she looks a little like she is falling, too bad you couldn't get her holding toes; that would be perfect! More, more, we want more! Love, Auntie S