Sunday, June 8, 2008

Fun Weekend

It was a good weekend overall. Brian and I didn't spend any time together on Saturday, but today we got to spend all day together today with the girls. I scrapbooked yesterday with Alma and Deena. We had a good time and go to spend from noon until about 5:30. I got off to a slow start and only completely finished 1 layout...I did Ashleigh's 1st day of 3 year old Parent's Day Out. I did start her tee-ball layout, but I didn't get very far before I had to pack up and leave. But it will be a cute one. I had to be back by 6:00 because Brian had the girls all day and he had to leave for "Bike Night". I think it's the 1st Saturday of the month and it's at a race track where they watch amateurs race their bikes. He enjoys it, so whatever makes him happy. While he was gone, the girls and I went to Sam's warehouse...we needed paper towels, toilet paper, formula, plastic cups, plastic flatware, and didn't need super soaker water guns and a baby raft for Addy.

I stayed up until 2:00 this morning working on my book (my blog book for the girls) through blurb.com. I am so excited about this...it is soooo easy to do and you can make your book look like whatever you want. If you do a lot of customizing, it does take a little time. But for the most part, I am done with everything up to the current date. My hope is to publish a book each year that contains one calendar year of blogs. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Today we did a bunch of running around getting things together for the Lazy Race that's taking place next weekend, and also got something we needed for the hot water heater (an expansion tank or something) and we finally bought flowers for the season. We got most of the flowers planted...all of the ones in the front, but we still need to plant the 2 pots in the back. It got dark on us and we had to stop. We got begonias for the front...I can't remember what we bought for the back!?!?! Yes, I'm tired!!

My goodness...we just got through watching "Ice Road Truckers" and now we're watching "Ax Men". My husband...gotta love him! I can't complain, he tolerates my shows pretty well. Speaking of which, anybody know when Big Brother starts back up again? It should be pretty soon! It's one of my favorites!

We ordered Atlantic City subs and they should be here on Tuesday. We are all extremely anxious. We don't get to go to the shore this year, so we have to get our fill of our favorite summer indulgence. It's not a cheap indulgence, though. The subs alone are $10-$12 each, but when you ship them, the price doubles. We ordered 15 total subs. Bring it on!! Money well spent!

Okay peeps, Muy tired! Have a GREAT week! Sleep Tight!

2 comments:

JESSICA said...

"It got dark on us and we had to stop."
Back in 1800, a man named Humphry Davy invented the light bulb in England. Then this man named Thomas Edison made it even better in 1879, and the people in the USA started using it. DO I NEED TO BRING ONE OVER? HEY LINDER'S... NICE EXCUSE TO STOP PLANTING! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Well, bless your heart! You have most of the flowers done! Good Job! Watching movies w/your Honey is MORE important! Now, about the subs; did you get them from Dino's in Margate? Regular? Cheese Steak? Meatball? Sausage, peppers & onions? I am fixin to faint! Or a wet tuna from Florida Coldcuts? Or ANYTHING from The White House? I'm done, can't continue, fading fast! Must wait till AUGUST! Love, Auntie S