Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Thank You Auntie S

The main thing I want to say this evening is that I so appreciate the comments that Aunt Sharon leaves. They are always upbeat and consistent! I know more of you read this thing by looking at the counter, so please leave a comment every now and then. I know some of you do, and I appreciate it VERY much! I would LOVE for the girls to see and hear from the people that read about their daily lives. When I turn this blog into a book, they will be able to do just that!

Not much to say tonight, but I do want to mention that Brian seems a lot more relaxed and happy since we moved the office and hired Jessica. He commented that he feels the office work is more under control now with Jessica behind the desk and that he feels he can leave the office and not worry because it is in good hands. No pressure, Jessica, but Brian is very optimistic with you on board and he knows you are very capable to keep the ship sailing smoothly! Plus, with the office being out of the house, he can't work once he's home and it actually gives him more off time to spend with his family. He still gets the numerous phone calls on his cell, but I don't think we can change that unless we just turn the thing off. But I don't think that would be good for business. We could use all the prayers we can get for our business to continue seeing positive growth.

Ohhhh, the spiders...A couple of days ago Brian noticed a spider web in my car when the sunlight was hitting it just right...with these tiny little spiders or spider mites in it. Then all of a sudden he noticed them EVERYWHERE!!! In MY car!! I had never noticed them so I don't think they have been there long, especially since I killed 3 of them today crawling on my arm and legs. Now, I know I am a Biologist, and I like bugs, animals, plants, etc, however, I like them under a microscope, or in nature...NOT IN MY CAR!! AND CERTAINLY NOT CRAWLING ON ME AND MY FAMILY!! I kept my cool, but I immediately felt itchy all over. We vacuumed very thoroughly the day we noticed, but they were still there today. Needless to say, Brian went to Wal-Mart tonight and bought a fogger. He put the car in the garage, cracked the car windows, cracked the garage door and those suckers off. It said to stay away for 2 hours...it's been 1.5 hours so far. I hope it worked!! I DO NOT want to deal with this any longer. I'll keep you posted! And don't worry...I will let the car run for a while with the windows open and the ventilation system running to make sure it is aired out before I put the kids in there.

Until next time...Sleep Tight!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm itchy just thinking about it. ay

Anonymous said...

I agree! I'm itchy too! Is it the kind you get on house plants? Maybe they came with some flowers you got for the yard? No matter; they are GONE now! God bless Jessica! You go, Brian! He must feel free! Home offices are wonderful but I remember Unc Richard had one at home for years & he passed "WORK" everytime he passed the desk, day & night! ugh! AND, we stole him away for EVERYTHING so he had to "burn the midnight oil" (old saying for "an all nighter")many times! Now, you need to get your desk & make peace with your work too! Thank the Lord, you can be home with the girls! Love, Auntie S

Anonymous said...

Who is that Jessica girl? She must be great! Is she single? She told me yesterday that she was ready to put in her 2 weeks. I better tell her not to. I'm just kidding. :)
I'm glad that we can help each other out. It has been good so far, and it will only get better!
~ Jessica

Anonymous said...

Ok, if the fogger does not work call me. I have another solution to your problem. We had the same problem when ryan was doing the newpaper. We fixed it though. Have a wonderful day. Joy