Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Are We Being tested?

I really believe God decided to test my and Brian's patience this morning. Here's how our day started...I get up at 6:00, take my shower, put on my robe, turn off the alarm to let the dogs out. As I'm walking down the hallway I'm thinking "my goodness, it smells like poo-poo". So now I had to turn on all the lights to make sure I didn't step in anything. Sure enough, their is a big ol' log of poo-poo...definitely the big dog, Shasta. But it was pretty solid, picked up nicely, no big deal. I was thinking "how nice today is trash day, I'll put this mess (in a Wal-Mart bag) on the front porch for Brian to take out with the trash. As I'm walking to the front door I'm thinking "why is the poo-poo smell getting stronger and stronger?" Just then I turn on the light to the dining room and what do I see? Oh yes, diarrhea everywhere, and I mean big ol' Shasta sized piles. And to make the situation even better it was on the tile floor in the entrance way, on the wood floor, but most of it was on the tiny waffle patterned rug. So Brian is just trying to wake up and he hears me say "OH MY GOD"!!! And he's like, "what now, did you drop the bag of poo-poo"? "Oh, no honey, this is much worse!!" So we clean up the tile and wood floor and decide we will NEVER get diarrhea out of the tiny little waffle patterns on that rug so let's just roll it up and throw it in the trash!! So Brian starts moving the chairs in order to roll the rug up. One of the chairs had some items on it and as he's moving it, the bag of brand new blocks falls off. And where do you think it landed? Yes, you guessed it, right on top of the biggest, nastiest pile of diarrhea in the room amongst all of the other piles. And what does it do? It splashes the diarrhea everywhere. I said, in a not so nice manner, "No you didn't!!!" And he says, "Why do you have this stuff in this chair?" So we immediately start blaming each other instead of the true guilty party...SHASTA!!! I suggested we both call in sick today and go back to bed, but we didn't. So we get past it and Brian starts taking out the rest of trash. You have got to be kidding with this, how on Earth could our day start any worse?!?! Oh but it can...He took out a trash bag that was in the garage that the cleaning lady put out there from last week. As he's walking across the driveway with it, the bottom decides to bust open. Confetti from the shredder goes EVERYWHERE!! All in the grass, in the street, the sidewalk....EVERYWHERE!!! Oy Vey!!! Another deep breath...clean up what we can and get another trash bag to dump the busted one into. As Brian is dumping the busted one into the new one, he didn't realize one corner was exposed and dumping onto the driveway and not into the new bag. What do you think was dumping all over the place? Litter Box contents...litter, litter coated poo-poo, and litter coated pee-pee...nasty cat pee-pee!!! This is a morning that definitely (and quite literally) turned to SHIT!!! I hope we passed God's little test, and for the record, the day did get better from there. Really, could it have gotten much worse :)

Today was Ashleigh's last day of classes for pre-K. The rest of the week will be filled with an end of year party, field day, and the Awards Ceremony. I simply can not believe my little girl is going to big kid's school in the fall. It boggles my mind and gives me such mixed emotions. I'm sure many of you can relate!

We went to look at a new shop this evening that Brian is interested in moving to. Our current shop is about 1600 square feet, I think, but it is such a dump, the parking lot is really more like a "dodge the pot-hole" game, and the neighbors collect junk cars like you wouldn't believe. This one is about 3200 square feet, has an office with potential, and is in a much better industrial complex with a nice, concrete parking lot. Of course, it costs more than twice as much, but we are really struggling having our office in our house. Customers sometimes want to come by to buy filters or parts and we are uncomfortable with them coming to our home. But on the other hand, our shop is such a dump, we don't want them to see that either. On top of that, our home office is sooo distracting to me and my real job. We REALLY need an Office Manager who can answer the phones, book appointments, data entry, etc. I CAN NOT do 2 full time jobs much longer, it usually ends up with me working 12 hours a day plus trying to raise 2 children. Not to mention, when Brian gets done running all of his calls, he comes home and starts doing more work...estimates, etc. It's just getting to be too much. Anyway, so we are definitely considering this new shop with a store front and office. We'll see what happens.

Yummy...went to Circle S Catfish for dinner with the Harris' and the York's. They have a delicious Fort Worth Philly that is our favorite thing to get there. And don't get me started on their desserts. The best ones are the Chocolate Cobbler and the Pecan Cobbler...tonight I opted for the Pecan Cobbler and Brian got Caramel Cheesecake.

I start the "Biggest Loser" at work on Thursday...I'm so not looking forward to it!!

Time for bed, Sleep tight!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am LOL so hard my incision hurts about the poop! And I can cause our 83 lb foxhound Frisky is getting $400 worth of allergy shots because her $400 allergy test showed she is allergic to some 20 things & the shots are getting to her & she has been pooping in the dining room on the new rug & wood floor. We tried barricading the doorway but she just pushes in. We scolded her so she pooped on the rug at the laundry room door so we bagged it & threw it away! Her poop has bloody mucous in it, poor thing! STINKY! She itches so bad & thinks anything is a fair itching post! However- she has her eye area, ear & muzzle raw & bleeding so I have that to clean too! Plus her antihystomine makes her drink bowls of water soooo-right she pees too! There are two stains that I cannot get out! Any hints? One is in doorway of office/bedroom so I bought an area rug to cover but the other is in the center of same room. I bought a Bissel rug shampooer & am doing the carpeting in there ever week still trying to remove the stain!
So- forgive me but-Shit, Piss, Blood F*#?ing Dogs anyway! Feel better now? At least we have company!
Love, Auntie S