Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I hope you ALL, Mom's and otherwise, had a GREAT day today. We had a busy, but good weekend. We had Ashleigh's baseball game on Saturday at noon (no longer tee-ball, but coach pitch...have I already told you this?) The kids played awesome, but Ashleigh was supposed to play catcher for the first time this season, and when all of the gear was on her she flat out refused to do it. I was very disappointed, but understood that all of that gear was a little overwhelming to her. Ashleigh needs time to adjust to "new" things and this just didn't work out for her. What can you do?!?!?! Brian's sisters, Tracy and Katie, plus their kids, Tanner, Kaileyanna, and Tekoa all came to the game, so it was nice.

Then a quick trip to Sam's Club for Mother's Day flowers, formula, kleenex, and a pie. Then back to our house. The rest of the clan from Brian's family arrived shortly after and we went to Texas Pit BBQ and got some "meat by the pound". Sliced beef, chopped beef, sausage, and ham. It was quite yummy!! And everyone else enjoyed it, so I'm glad.

I made a quick daunt over to the Harris' to see Brittany and LB (Little Brian[Brittany's boyfriend]) before they left for Prom...LB is a senior. Britti looked so very beautiful and LB looked very handsome. They really are a cute little couple. We call them the "Nerdy" couple...band geeks...of course, we say it with love!! hehehe!!! But seriously, I worry about Britti when LB leaves for college...they have been inseparable for a couple of years. It should be interesting to see if it works out for them.

Anyway, then Katie needed to leave for a hair appt., so we all headed to Arlington for the rest of the evening.

Today started with some lovely gifts from my family. They got me a "Mother and Child" necklace which has the girl's birthstones in it. I had hinted to Brian a couple of months ago that since our family is complete, I wanted one for Mother's Day. Of course, my lovely husband followed through, and I LOVE it!! I also got some homemade gifts from Ashleigh that her Oma (grandma in German and Brian's Mom) and Omi (I think this is just a made up name for Tante [Aunt in German] Dagmar because she is like a Mom to all of us) organized and helped her make. A decorated flower pot, homemade card, and a fridge magnet. The fridge magnet is too funny...they painted a wide popsicle stick and let her pick which embellishments she wanted to put on there for me. Of course, my daughter picks all of her favorite things...a donut, bag of chips, bowl of chips, ice cream sundae, and a cookie. I knew right away they let her pick them out herself. And it's a REALLY strong magnet, that thing will hold anything on the fridge.

Then we went to my Mom's house for some Mother's Day celebrating. She surprised us with a game she invented called "The Lazy Race"...this is similar to "The Amazing Race". It was a lot of fun. Only the Moms were allowed to play, so it was RC, me, Ally, and Joy. It started by my Mom giving us all a clue and then we had to complete tasks before we got the next clue. We all had the same clues, they were just in different orders. Let's see if I can remember the order I had them and see if you can figure out where you would have looked for the clue before I give you the answers below: 1) It tumbles 2) Go find Brittany and sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" to her 3) It's cold inside, in fact, it's freezing 4) Go find Steve and beat him at a hand of Poker 5) Brian installed it 6) find John and he'll tell you what to do 7) Go to CVS and buy something for .50 cents 8) Find Kevin and go fishing 9) It's open every day except Sunday...I think that is it...and then when you completed all of your tasks, you had to find Brian who was standing in front of a "doormat" telling you which place you came in. Of course, I heard, "I'm sorry, Andi, but you are the LAST team to arrive and you have been eliminated from the race". I was so sad and I blame Ally for my misfortune!! She is such a cheater!! Okay...when it came to the freezer, she pinned me in the corner, reached in, pushed me, and ran away...I was thinking "what a BEOTCH!!" And then I ran into her and Joy at CVS and she was driving like she was in a video game or something...I'm sure we were a sight to see and it was a lot of fun. RC won 1st place which was a $15 gift card to Jack in the Box, Ally the Cheater got 2nd place and won a Blockbuster gift card for like 2 movies, a bucket of popcorn, and 2 Cokes. Joy got 3rd and is just as much of a loser as me because we won nothing. boo-hoo :( But it was a lot of fun, thank you Mom and John for such a great idea and I think I'll have to come up with one of my own soon!! Oh, so the answers to the above: 1) the dryer (I had no idea and Brian had to help me, I was thinking of a tumbler cup 2) This is fairly obvious, however, Britti made us "do a jig" too before she would give us the clue, and I'll be damned if Kevin didn't get mine on video...that will come back to haunt me someday, I'm sure!!! 3) the freezer, obviously...I looked in both freezers and could not find the darned thing, I started opening containers, digging in the ice tray, then Mom said "there might be another freezer.."what??? there are 3 freezers in this house?" Sure enough, in the back corner of the garage in the "tool" room. Of course, this where Ally started her "cheating" rampage, ha! 4) it was Texas Hold 'Em and took me about 5 hands before I beat him 5) the air conditioner...I looked outside 1st, but it was in the indoor portion of unit 6) the was a putting game...get the golf ball in the can 7) I looked around that damn store for 10 minutes and couldn't find anything, it was all .79 cents, then Ally shows up, then Joy...Joy and I decided to go with cookies for .59 cents and Ally said that doesn't count, so we see Ally with sunflower seeds and decide "fine, we'll get the damn seeds!!!" Well, I chose honey roasted peanuts because I knew Brian would like them and they were also .50 cents. Ally about mowed me over in the parking lot in RC's car...man, like I said above...looked like a video game! 8) This was a magnet on a string and we had to "fish" a metal washer out of the pool 9) The mailbox....how well did you do? Leave a comment and let me know :)

We're home now and fixin' to head to bed. I hope you all had a GREAT weekend and a Happy Mother's Day!! Try to have a GREAT week! It will be a busy one for us, as it is Ashleigh's last week of pre-K...I'm already pretty sad about it.
Unfortunately, we forgot to take the camera into my Mom's house, but here are a couple of pictures from Brian's Mom's house. Sleep Tight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I DID NOT CHEAT! You got it wrong woman! You wouldn't hand me my paper out of the freezer, so I had to get it..you happened to be in the way. What was I going to do, "oh here, Andi. Let me let you out of the freezer before I get mine." NOT! You crazy woman! You are just bitter you came in thrid place! No prize for you...but maybe I will share my prize with you....NOT! hehehe ;) It was fun and something different.

Anonymous said...

Ok people, let's face it, I kicked your asses in A Lazy Race!!! Ha!!! Me getting to CVS first and telling the worker guy to ignore you all, really helped!! I won my hand of poker the first time, then did my gig with Brittany, then off to play golf and then the air-conditioner thing stupped me. Hell I did not know there was a unit inside too!! The mailbox clue got me too, but luckily I figured it out fast enough. I sooo kicked y'alls butts!! I am the CHAMPION!! Don't mess with me on A Lazy Race!! Hey, Ally you better have treated my car nice. It doesn't sound like you respected it much. RC

Anonymous said...

I am so loving hearing your side of the story on the race then RC'S comment! Too funny! I got all but mailbox, great clue Jill! What a wonderful fun day! Brian was so good to remember about the necklace gift! And the Ashleigh gifts had me LOL too! Wonderful blog!
Love, Auntie S