Friday, May 16, 2008

A Day of Awards

Today was ALL about Ashleigh Shea. This morning Ashleigh graduated from pre-K. Her last day of school was an emotional one for me. It's just amazing to me how my baby girl could be starting Kindergarten in a few short months. Ash understood that it was the last day of school, but I'm convinced she will ask about going to school on Monday. At times she was sad when we talked about missing friends and Mrs. McKeown, but at other times, she seemed excited about starting Kindergarten and going to "big Kid's school". We'll see what happens. But it was a nice ceremony...all of the kids got an award based on a type of candy. Ashleigh won the Gummy Worm Award...because she is the most "wiggly" is class and has a hard time sitting still. All of the awards were really cute. This is a picture of Ashleigh and her teacher, Mrs. McKeown.
Then this evening we went to the Baseball Awards Ceremony. This is where the kids received their trophies. Ashleigh was so excited about her 1st trophy! The weather was absolutely perfect, we couldn't have asked for better! These are the Texas nights that I absolutely love. After that received their trophy, Jessica told them a story to get them motivated for tomorrow's tournament, which is also their last day of game(s). She gave them each a coin and told them to place it under their pillow tonight and the Baseball Fairy would come and put a "good luck" baseball under their pillow while they are sleeping. Then they have to bring their coin and their baseball to the tourney tomorrow for good luck. It was a cute idea and the kids were really going for it. The trick? Oh yes, getting that baseball under the pillow of a VERY curious little girl. Before bed she was asking an array of interesting questions regarding the "Baseball Fairy"..."Will the Fairy come through the fireplace?" "Will the Fairy open the door to my room?" "Will the Fairy sleep in my bed next to me?" "Will the Fairy go in your room?" Will the Fairy go in Addy's room?" "Will the Fairy wake me up?" "Does the Fairy want me to sleep facing the closet or my desk?" "Can I still put my baby under my pillow?" "Will the Fairy talk to me or scare me?" And it goes on and on...since the Fairy is make believe, I got to answer the questions in any way I wanted, and it was so fun to talk about it with her. It was definitely a fun, childish moment. Now we'll just see if we can pull off "acting" out the Fairy...if she wakes up while we are putting the baseball under her pillow, I will DIE...I better have a backup plan :) But at least it's good practice for the Tooth Fairy, which is right around the corner, I'm sure.

I hope you all have a GREAT weekend! These pictures are from the Baseball Ceremony.

Sleep Tight!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life is so sweet & pure for kids this age. I loved hearing about these precious moments. Good job, Mommy! Loved the pics! Addy is a beauty! She looks like Ashleigh a lot! Parents & teacher pics w/Ash are treasures!
Love, Auntie S