Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Pre-K Sweetness

There was a Spring Musical at Ashleigh's school this evening. Pre-K had their performance first. They were so precious and they all cooperated and did so well. We were so proud of Ashleigh. Here are a couple of pictures from the big event. Just too cute! But we are bad, bad people (but the Rogers' Family are too) because we left well before the program was over. I think they were only on 1st grade when we left and it was already 8:00...it would have been every bit of 9:00 before it ended and that is past Ash's bedtime. For the record, lots of families left once their children were done. It's actually pretty painful to sit through the whole thing. You know you agree!!

Ashleigh has really come a long way this year, it's hard to believe there are only a couple of weeks left in school. I still need to plan some activities for her over the summer so she's not bored out of her wits (and thus driving me bonkers!)

Man, I don't know what's going on with both girls this evening, they will not go to sleep. Ash just got up to go to the bathroom (again) and Addy cries every time we put her down. That is so out of character for her, she usually goes right to sleep when we lay her down. We've tried a bottle, Tylenol (we think she may be about to cut a tooth), we've tried Mylicon, I tried rocking her in the quiet of her room, we played her mobile (worked until the mobile stopped), we've tried everything! I guess we're at the point of letting her cry herself to sleep...which breaks my heart, but sometimes there is no other choice. And she doesn't give up as easily as Ash used to, so this could take a while. Poor baby.

My day started out VERY wet. As Ash and I are leaving to take her to school this morning, the clouds let loose...lightening, thunder, and sheets of rain. We were soaked before we even got in the car. Then, of course, just my luck that it is my day to get the teacher breakfast for "teacher appreciation week". So, the plan was to go to Starbucks to get her favorite coffee...White Chocolate Mocha and a muffin of some sort. So we get there (oh, I'm sorry, we hydroplaned the whole way there) and I decide it would be better to go in than to go through the drive through so that rain doesn't pour in the window while I am ordering, plus, the rain was so loud I thought it would be difficult to order. So of course we get soaked running into Starbucks, and soaked once again running out of Starbucks. Oh, and Ash has a difficult time buckling her own seat belt, so I have to stand in the pouring rain buckling her seat belt as she is in a mad dash to get her headphones on to resume watching "Mulan"...of course the headphones are tangled in the seat belt so I'm sure you get the mental picture of me getting soaked while she is desperate to get her headphones on as I am desperate to get her ^$#%%& seat belt on. Oy Vey!! Anyway, Mrs. McKeown got her breakfast and all was good.

Here is a little known, interesting fact about Ashleigh: when she sleeps with one of her "babies" at night, rather than snuggling with them, she puts them under her pillow, "so they don't get lost while I'm sleeping". It can be a baby doll, teddy bear, Dora, her stuffed green M&M, it doesn't matter, they all go under her pillow. That's my girl...we don't want to lose those babies!!

Oh goodness, we just tried a bottle again with Addy...it finally worked...so that means she has had 9 ounces (6 oz formula, 3 oz breast milk) before bed...she usually eats less than 6 before bed...definitely time to start that girl on cereal...we go to the doctor next Monday for her 4-month checkup, he'll give us the go-ahead then...thank goodness!!

I hired a new cleaning lady, she will be here on Thursday. I'm a week overdue and it's driving me CRAZY!!! We'll see how she does and then I'll make a decision whether to use her or bring the old crew back out. I'm still confused as to how they forgot about me last Thursday...I've been on this schedule for well over a year. The new lady is cheaper, so hopefully I'll like her better!

Have y'all gotten your Stimulus Rebate Checks yet? We should have ours by May 9th...yippee!! Oh, that's Friday, even better! Our creditors can expect to be "stimulated" then...ha!

Brian is watching "Inside American Jail" or something on tru tv...very interesting. Makes you feel pretty good about your own life, there are A LOT of wackos out there!! You just don't realize how many until you watch these kinds of shows. It's pretty scary, actually, to think these people are walking our streets. This is why I almost didn't have children.

I can't stop yawning...Sleep Tight!!

1 comment:

JESSICA said...

You are too nice with the title of your blog tonight. Admit it, you are yawning because you are still bored from the pre-K musical! LOL!
Addy & Ash looked SO cute in their little dresses tonight.
I hope Addy is better - poor little girl is ready for food Mom...bring it on!