Friday, May 2, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me

Unfortunately, yesterday was mine and Ally's birthday...36th birthday to be exact. To put it in prospective, in the morbid way I always do, we could have graduated from high school ALL over again...OY VEY. I do feel pretty old these days, trying to keep up with a 4 1/2 year old and an almost 4 month old. Boy, they do wear a girl out, but it's all okay, I wouldn't have it any other way. At least I am still young at heart. To be honest, my birthday started out not so great. A few days ago, Ashleigh scraped her elbow at Playscape (a large, indoor playground) at school. Well, yesterday after school she fell down, hit that spot, and as soon as she saw the blood, she was hysterical crying! Most of you know what happens when Ash cries hysterically...yes, that's right ladies and gentleman, she throws up all over the place and can't stop herself. My notorious gagger is standing out in front of the school vomiting all over the place with blood pouring out of her elbow. It was awful, I could NOT get her to stop crying. And when she doesn't stop crying, she doesn't stop throwing up. Anyway, I'm sure you get the picture, literally. So 40 minutes later we leave and I let her pick lunch to make her feel better. Of course she picks McDonalds. As we are pulling into McDonalds, I find out she pushed a child on the playground...I know kids will be kids, but I got so upset about it. I have a paranoia about kids falling off of playgrounds, etc and getting seriously hurt. Anyway, the child was fine, but I immediately left McDonalds with no lunch...punishing Ashleigh from Mcdonalds is pretty severe in her eyes. Anyway, the day got better...tee-ball (the kids played so good!) and then an awesome dinner at Frescas followed by ice cream at Sheridan's.

I have to give a shout out to my precious little niece, Peyton (Ally's daughter). PeyPey (as I call her) has this disgusting infatuation with shoving this certain blanket in her mouth, especially when going to sleep. I don't think you understand...she SHOVES like 30% of this blanket into her mouth until she looks like a chipmunk. And she keeps it in there, even while she is sleeping. It is beyond words to see her do this. Ash has her thumb (Addy too by the way), some kids have pacifiers, Sydney had her little eyelash touching thing, but PeyPey shoves a blanket in her mouth. So Ally and Steve have been talking to her about stopping the habit but she won't even consider it. I had the idea to have a "talk" with her and said that Addyson is a baby, and she really needs her baby blankets and that it would mean so much to Addy to have her "special" sucky blankets (PeyPey's name for them, not mine). The look on her face was like, "are you out of your mind?" So I tell her what a Big Girl Princess she is, and I start getting her attention. then I throw in the deal maker..."PeyPey, I will buy you your very own Cinderella dress if you will give your blankets to Addy, and it would mean so much to her, and Big Girl Princesses don't suck on their blankets, that's gross". Well, she agreed (I secretly was shocked!) and she even followed through. she gave Addy her blankets and she has been fine without them. So Aunt Andi went to Wal-Mart this evening and bought her the Cinderella dress...I am sooo proud of her, I even bought the cool Cinderella shoes. Way to go PeyPey...you are awesome!!
Today was an okay day...Ash is still whiny about her elbow. Last night I insisted we put a band-aid on it so she doesn't get blood all over her sheets (oh, back up a little, Ash has a deathly fear about band-aids...OMG...you guys probably think Ash is so high maintenance, but I like to call it "Drama Queen" action). Okay back to the band-aid...you would have thought I was sawing off her arm the way she was reacting from me opening the band-aid package...I hadn't even stuck it on yet. Unbelievable. She finally said (in true "Drama Queen" fashion) "just do it Mommy, hurry up". It was just awful...even Addy thought it was ridiculous. Too funny!!

Tomorrow we have tee-ball practice and team pictures. Followed by Tekoa's birthday party (our nephew and Katie's son...oh, Katie is Brian's sister...I can't stop myself from reminding you who everyone is, ha!). And I will get to see Onkel Johann (Margarete's brother...Margarete is Brian's Mom) and Tante Dagmar (Margarete's sister-in-law...see previous to find out who Margarete is) for the first time since they have been here. I'm looking forward to it.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you, Addy rolled over, from back to tummy, for the 1st time on Wednesday afternoon. She has done it about once a day since. Go Addy go!!! I am so proud of you!! Now you need to work on rolling from tummy to back...you can do it!!

OMG, it's almost midnight, gotta get to bed! Here are a few quick pictures. Sleep Tight!

No comments: