Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Anniversary My Dearest Brian

Okay, well our Anniversary was actually yesterday, but it wasn't a good day to post. Addy had me beyond frustrated. She woke up at 6:00 am screaming crying. She's been sleeping so good lately and waking up in such a good mood, I just knew something was wrong. She was cool as a cucumber so I immediately ruled out fever. She cried for a good 3 hours before she finally took a short nap. She woke up again screaming. She was eating some of her bottle, but not like usual, and she wouldn't eat her cereal. Tylenol didn't seem to help at all. I decided at 12:30 that I should take her to CareNow (this is an urgent care center for those of you who are unfamiliar) being that it was Memorial Day. I registered online and they said it would be at least 4 hours...4 hours??? I have to listen to her cry for 4 hours??? As it turns out, her 3rd dose of Tylenol seemed to have some affect, this was at about 2:15 and she finally went to sleep for about 2 hours. She didn't wake up crying so that was a plus. Let me back up...Addy has had a VERY runny nose with an occasional cough since last Thursday, so I figured her ears are infected or something. So at 4:00 we head up to CareNow since they close at 5:00 and we still haven't been called to come up. We finally got to see the doctor at 5:15. What do you think was wrong with her? NOTHING!!! Are you kidding me? Maybe you should check again. Nothing! I couldn't believe it. The only conclusion we could come to is maybe her tummy was upset from all of the drainage. Who knows?!?! Anyway, so we missed my Dad's little Memorial Day shin-dig for nothing. Ashleigh got to go, thanks to the Harris' coming to get her and taking her with them. Thank you Harris', Ash had a lot of fun!

The day did get better when I got home from the doctor and Brian brought me flowers. I don't get flowers very often, but when I do, I just get so happy. Thank you, Brian, thank you for 7 wonderful years of marriage and 12 wonderful years together. We plan on spending this Saturday night celebrating our anniversary. We have a free hotel room, so we plan on using that while Margarete spends the night at our house so she can babysit the girls.

Me and the girls went to PeyPey's End of Year Program at her Mother's Day Out school this evening. They sang some cute songs and did a great job. What amazed me was how much taller Peyton was than the other kids...like almost a whole head taller! I knew she was tall, but my goodness, she looked a good 2 years older than the other kids. Here are some photos from the program.

The rest of the holiday weekend was spent at Brian's Mom's house, spending time with his German family. They are leaving this Thursday already.

My goodness, seems like I had so much to say, but I'm drawing a blank. I'm sorry I haven't posted in a few days, but I've been so tired by the end of the day, and really, today is no different. So until next time...sleep tight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about time you posted. Cute pictures. Send them via email will ya. Ally

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Good Job! Its not easy!
So sorry you had this trouble w/Addy but for sure the deal is real! A tooth, tummy, ear or something caused all that screaming! You did a great job trying!!! Since she didn't eat or drink maybe she had a sore throat that couldn't be seen yet? So be thankful for NOTHINGNESS! Cute pics & your blog WAS MISSED!!!
Love, Auntie S