Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Yup, Still Tired

Ohhh, my precious Baby Addy, you are one of the Loves of my life...but do you think you could let Mommy get some sleep!?!?!? So last night she wakes up at 12:30, 2:30, 3:30, 4:30, went back to bed by about 5:30 and then my alarm goes off at 6:00...time to start a new day. I did allow myself to sleep until 6:30, hence the ponytail today. I don't know what her deal is, but when she gets wound up crying it is quite hard to calm her. Yup, still tired.

My Mom had yet another surgery today. This one was to "lift" her bladder. The kidney she received is extra large so it caused her bladder to be pushed down too far. Me, RC, and Ally went to visit her this evening. She is in pain and is gripping her morphine button really tight. Assuming her bladder "passes a test" tomorrow when her catheter comes out, then she should get to go home some time tomorrow. She had it at the new Andrews Women's Hospital at Baylor All Saints...VERY nice hospital! Please say a prayer that she passes her bladder test.

Ash said something funny today...Onkel Johann, Tante Dagmar, and Margarete stopped by this afternoon so J&D could say goodbye. They have been here a whole month and are leaving tomorrow. Well, Ash was just staring at them while they were talking to Margarete, apparently unaware that they have been speaking German since day one around her. She said, "Mommy, let me whisper in your ear...why do Opa and Omi say 'du-da'?" Then it occurs to me she doesn't realize they are speaking another language. Now, I've heard a lot of German talk, but I've never heard them say "du-da", but I guess that was her way of asking me what they are saying. It was too funny. I really need to carry around pen and paper because she probably said like 5 funny things today and now I can't remember.

Today was Ashleigh's last day of Speech Therapy until school starts back in the Fall. She loves Mrs. Adams and we pray she will be back at High Country next year. Mrs. Adams 1st name is Tierra...pretty unusual. But she is young, tall, thin, blonde, blue eyed...seriously could be a model, and she is such a sweet woman.

Tomorrow is an important part of our business moving from our home office to the new shop. The phone lines and phone system are being moved. It should be interesting to see if we can make it as seamless as possible. We have a total of 5 business lines, but I'd be willing to bet the phone company screws it up in some way to where we won't be able to answer calls for at least part of the day. Grrrr...Brian is on call this week and is on an emergency call right now...someones condensate lines aren't draining properly...I hope they're not getting flooded. Go Brian, Go Brian...!!!!

So tired, Sleep Tight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No wonder you are tired! Do you think Addy has the same thing Ally has; sore throat & stuffy nose? So funny about Ashleigh's wonder of German; who'da thunk? I'll be praying for Jill & beleive in her strength! Good luck on the move & have your cell phones charged just in case! Ah condinsation-compinsation? Are you guys going to NJ this summer? Unc Richard has his 50th class reunion on August 16th, I think & we're trying to get our kids to come & it would be HEAVEN to see you ALL & eat subs w/you on the beach!
Love, Auntie S

Anonymous said...

Andi, if you put one more thing on top of this blog, I a going to shoot you!!