Friday, May 9, 2008

Muffins With Mom

Oh, yes, this was a sweet, sweet event at Ashleigh's school. In celebration of Mother's Day, they have Muffins With Mom (A few weeks ago they had Donuts with Dad). The kids made some really sweet things for their Mom's. The sweetest being an adorable picture with their hand print with a poem that had all of us Mom's with tears in our eyes. We also received a flower that the kids planted for us in a pot they decorated themselves. Plus a cute little paper tea pot they assembled and has a tea bag on the inside. Mrs. McKeown read a sweet little book about the love between parent and child. All in all, it was a very memorable hour. Thank you, Ally, for staying with Addy so that Ash could have my undivided attention!!

Ashleigh got to play with Peyton today, which they both enjoyed. Ally wasn't feeling well so she went home to get some rest and then Steve came and picked PeyPey up after work. I was so heartbroken when Ally and PeyPey got to my house...Peyton had NO clothes on except for her undies. She was so uncomfortable and trying to cover herself that it just broke my heart how vulnerable she felt. Apparently, PeyPey didn't want to get dressed...just flat out refused, and she's been doing this a lot lately. So Ally followed through on her threat and made her leave the house naked. I think it worked because as soon as I grabbed her clothes she was ready to put them on!! I could see how frustrated and angry Ally was. Hopefully PeyPey learned a lesson. I think she did.

Sydney came over for a little while too, after school. They had Tea with Mom at her school. RC said of course, there's was a cry fest also. But then RC's school that she teaches at was having a happy hour at a nearby restaurant, so Syd hung out for a while. The they had to go to Syd's Talent Show at her school...I didn't go, but I'm sure Syd did GREAT!!!

Brian was REALLY exhausted when he finally got home from work tonight...he had to do a lot of unexpected work today. Plus he only got like 2 hours of sleep last night...he has a hard time letting his mind relax...it's constantly going 100 mph and it often results in lack of sleep, especially when he is stressing about this, that, and the other. He's already in bed as I'm typing up this blog.

Hopefully a mani/pedi in the morning so I can FINALLY wear flip flops...I haven't had one since right before Addy was born...needless to say, my feet are quite the scary sight!! Then a baseball game, Mother's Day shopping at some point, and probably spend the rest of the day in Arlington. Brian's older sister, Tracy, is in town from Kansas City with her two kids, Bria and Tanner. Ashleigh has been begging all day if we can go see them, she was a little disappointed when Daddy said it would have to wait until tomorrow. So she has that to look forward to tomorrow.

Enjoy the pics (thank you, Jessica, for remembering your camera, unlike dopey me!!)...Sleep Tight!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day & those photos are treasures! Poor Ally, she is having a time with Peyton. I think you gals are blessed to have each other to give each other a break! Parenting ain't for the faint of heart! Kids WILL TEST YOU! I pity & relate with Brian, note time of this. Thanks for adding to your blog as I'm addicted to it like a soap opera! Love, Auntie S