Saturday, May 3, 2008

Busy Saturday

The day started out rush, rush, rush trying to get everyone ready and out the door for tee-ball practice and team pictures. We wanted to get their a little early to set up for the pictures...yes, it was decided that we would take the team picture and individual photos. Apparently, it would have cost like $40-$60 for a tiny package through the league photographer. The whole team decided we could do it a lot cheaper, have more time and patience to get a good photo, and do it on our own time. So below, you can get a sneak peak at the team photo...we have LOTS, but I just breezed through them and picked a good one with everyone actually looking at the camera. Brian was the photographer and we even bought a tripod, which we were wanting to do anyway, so it all worked out. What you can't tell in the picture is that it was sooo windy and it was a COLD wind. It's been in the 80s for a while now, so the low 50s this morning really caught us off guard. So much so that Coach cancelled the practice, the kids were just too cold. I was relieved, because I was freezing too and worried about Addy and Jacoby (Coach's son) being out there. Oh, I have to back up a little. Brian rode his motorcycle to tee-ball because he had a 4:00 pm "date" to meet up with some other riders. So, on the way to tee-ball Brian was following us on his bike. I got to see what REALLY happens when he's on that thing...as we are turning a corner, another motorcycle goes by that looks similar to Brian's (side note: Brian has a Kawasaki Ninja something a whether...yes...a crotch rocket). So Brian zooms by his family in the family Dodge Durango to catch up with this other bike, and once he did, Brian looked at him as if to say "Will you be my friend?" It was too funny, Brian is ALWAYS looking for "friends" to ride with so it was cute watching him find one. Anyway, he says that is what they do...catch up to each other and "size up" each other's bike. If you know Brian, you know he likes to have the best of whatever..so he likes this "sizing up" business.

So we leave tee-ball and go straight to Arlington for Tekoa's birthday party (our nephew and Katie's son, oh Katie is Brian's younger sister), stopping at the Grocery store on our way to get a few things for the party. As we're leaving the grocery store, I am following Brian and some jackass decides to NOT yield on his left turn on green when we are turning right on green...so I nearly ran my husband over on his bike...it was awful, my legs turned to jello and his life flashed before my eyes. I was just looking at my green light and didn't realize until the last millisecond that Brian had stopped because of the jackass cutting us off...OY, it scared me.

The party was good...good food, good company, and the kids had a blast in the bounce house...oh, the adults did too...an example of Brian having fun is in the attached picture. Also, a picture of Tekoa opening his main present from us...Katie said it's his favorite present...yea me for picking out the right gift! We love giving people gifts they REALLY love!!

Then Brian left for his "riding date" at 3:45 pm and me and the girls were the last ones to leave at 4:30. Brian JUST got home at 11:00...I guess he was having fun. I just hung out with the girls out back...Addy LOVES being outside, she was laughing so hard for no apparent reason other than being outside, I wish I would have had the camcorder rolling...maybe next time. Ash was having fun swinging and playing on her playground. Oh, and Shasta (our big dog) would not stop licking Addy's face...I don't know why, but she would not stop licking her...maybe because Addy's nose was running? I know that's gross, but I think that's why. ha! I've also got some laundry done...FUN Saturday night.

Oh, by the way, my cleaning ladies NEVER showed up on Thursday like they were supposed to. I was so mad...it takes me hours to de-clutter to prepare for their arrival and they didn't even bother to call. I just listened to some answering machine messages and they called me back (I had left them a not so pleasant voicemail) to apologize, blah, blah. I need to decide what to do because it has just gone down hill a bit since the company went under new management...many of my friends and family use them and they have all had problems with scheduling and quality of work too. We'll see...but my house is a mess and needs to be cleaned...floors and bathrooms especially!! You guys probably don't care about my "problem"...just venting! :)

Once again, it's almost midnight, I must bring a close to my big time exciting Saturday night/birthday weekend. Sleep Tight!

No comments: