Monday, May 19, 2008

Back to Work

Monday already...seriously, how is it that the weekends go by so fast? It just amazes me!

Today was a busy day with work...deadlines and commitments (is that a song???) It did help save some time this morning not having to get the girls ready to take Ashleigh to school. They actually slept in until about 8:30 which was nice. It allowed me to get some things done this morning without interruption.

Jessica came in to work today and got a good, solid 4 hours in. Since school is out, both Jacoby and Jaydon came with her, so Ashleigh was thrilled when she realized she got to have a play date with Jaydon. They had a good time. And then Ally surprised us by stopping by (she had to get out of the house due to all of her hired help showing up at once, yes, Ally is rich, hehehe!!) So then Ash got to have a play date with Jaydon AND PeyPey. Both girls dressed up like Cinderella and Jaydon was their self proclaimed Prince. It was too cute. I wish we would have had a Prince outfit for him to wear. He was a smart boy and refused to put on a Princess dress.

Everyone left by 2:00 and then Ashleigh and Addyson both took a nice, long nap...like 3 hours. So I got quite a bit of work done then, it was so quiet.

We ate leftover pulled pork sandwiches for dinner and Brian added leftover sauerkraut and Kielbasa to his dinner...I warmed it up for him, and I have decided it really doesn't smell good, but it makes him happy so I'll deal with it. I wish Ashleigh had Brian's sense of food adventure, but I'm afraid she just doesn't. Unfortunately, she gets that from me. Maybe we'll get lucky with Addy, who knows!?!?!

Both girls got baths tonight and off to bed they went. Now it's my turn...I know this post was boring and completely unwitty, I'm sorry. Sleep Tight!!

3 comments:

JESSICA said...

I would have run out the front door and never come back if my son wore a Cinderella dress. Thank goodness he makes good choices...for now anyway!

Anonymous said...

And don't forget to mention how you neglected to call your sister back tonight...you B*&*^H! Thanks a lot!

Anonymous said...

WOW, some hostilaty in that last comment & the sister was....? Great blog-not boring! So glad to hear a nice dayfor you! I love sauercrat with an apple, cooked in the pan with the pork or keilbai an served over mashed potatos! YUM! Just try it! Make brown gravy for those taters & you'll love it! Have a fun day! Love, Auntie S